Live Target Lures

Snidley

Are these guys still in business. It seems their website is partially open but also says nothing to see here. That usually means defunct. Turns out I like some of their lures and now they are hard to find. Anyone know what's happened or where to get some of their Smelt Banana Baits I would love to know Thanks

26 minutes ago, BillM said:

I hate when companies discontinue great baits.  Rapala Flat Rap FLR10 would be a great example.  Love those for spring pike.

Agree...Rapala is notorious for introducing lures and then discontinuing them. Risto Rap was another great bait...it almost has cult status now.

Some of the other gear mfgr's are no better...don't get me started on NanoFil..

I have one of those Rapala Flat Shallow runners i had painted like a largemouth Bass. It works well on pike for sure. The Live Target Smelt Banana bait is great for Salmon out of my 'toon but I guess it didn't sell enough to keep it going. I see that Mustad is on the website for Live Target now so it's possible they have been bought up like other fishing companies.

28 minutes ago, CrowMan said:

Agree...Rapala is notorious for introducing lures and then discontinuing them. Risto Rap was another great bait...it almost has cult status now.

Some of the other gear mfgr's are no better...don't get me started on NanoFil..

I stocked up on Nanofil when I heard.  I've probably got 20+ spools lol.

A buddy of mine bought a 259 yard spool of Nanofill online and it ended up costing him $80. It broke easily on salmon this fall and he suspects it was FAKE Nanofill.  I have one of those Rapala Flat Shallow runners i had painted like a largemouth Bass. It works well on pike for sure. The Live Target Smelt Banana bait is great for Salmon out of my 'toon but I guess it didn't sell enough to keep it going. I see that Mustad is on the website for Live Target now so it's possible they have been bought up like other fishing companies.

I've found the only time Nanofil breaks is when it's been nicked on rocks, etc.   This is why once the snow flies, I switch over to Fireline Crystal for my float setups.   Nanofil definitely has it's time/place however.  Love that stuff. 

1 minute ago, Snidley said:

A buddy of mine bought a 259 yard spool of Nanofill online and it ended up costing him $80. It broke easily on salmon this fall and he suspects it was FAKE Nanofill.  I have one of those Rapala Flat Shallow runners i had painted like a largemouth Bass. It works well on pike for sure. The Live Target Smelt Banana bait is great for Salmon out of my 'toon but I guess it didn't sell enough to keep it going. I see that Mustad is on the website for Live Target now so it's possible they have been bought up like other fishing companies.

The "259 yard spool" should've been a hint that something was afoul. It only came in 150 yd and 300yd spools.

• Like 1