Introduction

derekadam

Hello ladies and gents, i'd just like to introduce myself, i've enjoyed reading the posts and thought i'd join in. I'm 27, currently finishing up my Master's degree at McMaster University in Hamilton and have recently welcomed my first child into this world. I can't wait to take her fishing. I grew up in Windsor, did a little fishing as a child but have really become more serious about it in the last year. My brother has a boat back home so my most successful outings have been for Lake St. Clair bass. Closer to home i've tried for trout and/or salmon on the Grand, Credit and Niagara with no luck so far, but have been successful targeting smallmouth on the Grand and at local conservation areas.

Here are a couple pics to get me started. The first is a smallie from last week on St. Clair, the second a significantly smaller one from the Grand on Sunday, and the third a nice pic of the river from the same outing.

I look forward to posting my adventures and reading about all of yours.

d

DSCF0075.jpg

DSCF2409.jpg

DSCF2410.jpg

Welcome Derek

Great intro and even better with pics. :thumbsup_anim: Congrads on recently becoming a daddy.

Again welcome aboard and look foward to reading more of your reports.

Nauti ;)

hi derek,

welcome aboard. there are a lot of great folks on this site, and lots of good info to be found. congrats on your new daughter. two weeks ago my wife gave birth to our first child - also a girl. it's been a wonderful experience.

nice pics!

take care

doug

A Masters degree eh? We don't go fer them high-falutin emdumactions 'round these parts, right Jed? ;)

My hat is off to you for managing higher education, a new family and still finding time for fishing!

Great introduction and looking forward to some reports.

-Brian