Elephant Lake Question

Simmer

We are looking at buying a cottage on that lake and wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the lake.  Is it decent for boating and recreational stuff or is it very weedy?  I know there are weedy spots but can you still enjoy boating, tubing and stuff with the kids.  Are there a lot of unmarked large rocks that could do some damage.

Thanks for your help.

I haven't been on Elephant in years, but I remember it as pretty shallow and weedy, and very stumpy.

If you use the Ontario GIS mapping software, you can click 'Map Layers', un-check Assessment Parcel, and if you scroll over to Elephant, it shows it as being weedy pretty well all over.  

https://www.gisapplication.lrc.gov.on.ca/matm/Index.html?site=Make_A_Topographic_Map&viewer=MATM&locale=en-US

Spent most my time on Baptiste over the years . But also went to Elephant every time I was at Baptiste . It used to be one of the best lakes for Bass till the Pike took over . Lots of water between the 3 lakes . Not to populated as far as cottages . But yes Elephant is weedy and so is Baptiste when you get closer to shore in a lot of spots . Pike fishing is good and there are some nice ones around . There is a lot of wood under the water so be careful . Nice body of water for something without a large cottage population that is within a reasonable driving distance .

Hope it works out for youP_20191003_151447_vHDR_Auto.jpg.3af06ca796d0686f13d80b90000f1a17.jpg

Used to go to Elephant, Baptiste & Benoir Lakes back in the day! All three lakes are excellent for fishing with Elephant being the shallowest & weediest of all three. Baptiste is deep in areas and is more of a Shield lake as is Benoir! Great chain of lake to be on, stay in the markers while navigating between Elephant & Baptiste, lots of stumps off the channel!