June 30th Rice Lake Report

Steelcat

Today the weather was lovely in the morning. Calm wind and the temperature was perfect. We got our rental boat at around 830am, then immediately head out to find some weedbed. After driving for around 10 to 15 minutes, we came upon a good looking weedbed. Right away we start dropping our senko, jig/grub into the holes (we were using slow presentation). Within 2 minutes, my dad caught a nice 17.5 inches Largemouth. Almost immediately after that I caught 5 more Largemouth, but they were all dings (10 to 13 inches). My brother also caught a nice "length" one around 16 inches, but it was so skinny that it looks like a boomerang. As we were drifting, my line suddenly moved sideway, so I set the hook~ It was heavy~!! It fought like a bull, when we landed it, it was a massive 18.5 inches Largemouth~! After this bucketmouth, I was able to catch several more 17 to 18 inches. During the whole morning (before 10am), we managed to catch Largemouth after Largemouth, we also caught two ding Smallmouth, several Rock Bass, one Crappie, several Perch. After 1030am, the bite kind of shut down. We did caught several Bass from time to time, but nothing close to those we caught during the morning. At around 2pm, the weather started to turn bad. The sky was turning Gray, then you could see a blanket of rain moving across the lake. At first we were thinking of braving the rain and keep fishing, but then I felt some static when my finger touched my fishing rod, not long after that we heard a loud thunder. So we immediately head to shore, found a resort with docks, we docked our boat and ran into one of the empty hut to avoid the lightning. After we were safe, we looked out and saw a lightning strike at the place where we were planning to go (now that's more lucky than getting a jackpot~!). After that wave of storm passed, we immediately head back to our boat rental. On our way, we hit another wave of heavy rain. We always brought our rain coat even when it's sunny, but we forgot to bring our rain pants. So our jeans as well as our underwear were all soaked. Overall, we managed to catch 30 Bass all in 7 to 10 feet of water. SLOW presentation.

17.5 inches Largemouth

P6301876a.jpg

18 inches Largemouth

P6301877a.jpg

Some dings

P6301878a.jpg

P6301874a.jpg

Some Smallmouth

P6301879a.jpg

P6301887a.jpg

Rock Bass, Crappie, and Perch in the mix

P6301882a.jpg

P6301883a.jpg

P6301885a.jpg

The largest fish of the day~ 18.5 inches

P6301880a.jpg

NEVER TRUST THE WEATHER CHANNEL~!

It's suppose to be sunny all day and no mention of any storm or rain.

P6301888a.jpg

P6301892a.jpg

Great report . Least you got out and got a mixed bag of fish.

As for the weather channel only wish people can sue the weather wether man. :lol: People sue everyone one esle. People sue for defamation of charactor, car accidents, assaults, a company wrongs, malfunction of items. Why not when your life is on the line when you depend on them for the weather. :dunno:

dsn

Great fishing report!!!!!! well thats some really good bass fishing thats for sure,they were a very nice size,and lots of them too,sounds like you guys were kept very busy,too bad the weatherman was wrong again ??? imagine that,he has done that lots of times to me this year thats for sure.....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Nice report!

Had a similar day at Pigeon (with MikeH) on June 30th, nailing 7 little largemouth and getting

chased off the lake about 3pm by a gusty storm. Called for a sunny day with west winds,

we had little sun and north west winds really kicked in after the storm.

Thanks for the Rice lake report.

ehg

Edited by ehg