Bassin' The Upper Grand

Rich

My buddy Alex and I headed out on the upper grand to try for some smallmouth and walleye today. Well I rarely keep a bass but today I wanted to take some home. Didn't bring a camera out just our cell phones but i got a pic of big fish of the day right before she met the fillet knife, hegh hegh hegh!!

DSC00164.jpg

Well I just finished eating that bass and no worms, tasted great fried in a little Rich Crisp ™

As for where I was fishing well it was near Cayuga. Tons of fish landed but few of respectable size.

Oh and the bait of the day was tubes.

Well I just finished eating that bass and no worms, tasted great fried in a little Rich Crisp ™

As for where I was fishing well it was near Cayuga. Tons of fish landed but few of respectable size.

Oh and the bait of the day was tubes.

Nice fish. True to your name "BigBassRich". Yes we remember LOL. What were the colour of the tubes that worked best for you Rich.? I'm assuming the water was pretty murky,right?What's your choice of rigging?

Good eating size bass, if you can handle a fillet knife and know how to cook, which it looks like you do, so congrats and bon apetit. I've got a few bass and pickerel fillets waiting for me from friends and family, fried with canned mini potatoes...

Black w/blue fleck was working well yesterday. Just about any color we tossed caught fish though. Chartreuse was the least productive. The water had a slight stain but was surprisingly clear considering the area. The fish were sitting at a bend in the river where it got really shallow. Every fish I caught was right behind a rock shoal. They must have been stacked in there.