Reef hopping for Walleye.

limeyangler

Hey people,

I have been fishing my home lake hard, reason?....my guiding job requires me to put people on fish. I have lived on Wabigoon Lake for 11 years and have had a love hate relationship with it. It is a very clouded lake (clay) and shallow, the fish move around a lot and can be very challenging to catch. However, I have been fishing it at least 3 times a week this year and have started to get a feel for it. It still is a lake that can humble even the best anglers let alone myself but it is a fun lake loaded with fish, I am beginning to love fishing it. A lot of my time has been spent mapping out and finding reefs, I am going to continue to do this this year and then next year switch to weeds and try and locate/figure that out. I rarely fish this lake later in the season so it will be a steep learning curve as the water cools, look forward to the challenge, it feels like I am fishing a new lake even though I've been here for years, which is kind of cool.

5 hours ago, LeXXington said:

Love the video.. Not to promote a brand but the Garmin auto mapping is out of this world.

If your on the lake so much you could create your own.

7 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

god i love autochart live...perfect for totally uncharted and poorly charted lakes. I need to do more musky trolling...to quote ricky from trailer park boys i get two birds stoned at once.

A few years ago the only way to chart "on the fly" was with Navionics + t-box and with the expensive Humminbird Onyx units. 

Now it seems every chartplotter has some sort of auto chart capability. The Garmin autocharts are smooth as butter from what I've seen. Limited experience everywhere else aside from Lowrance... saw my cousin's Helix 9 auto charting and it didn't look great. 

Any else care to chime in with regards to other units' capabilities?

What happened to the Muskies ? I remember " The Goon " being the premiere musky destination back around 1980 when Craig Dawson was the local musky guru and legend up there and totally dominating the Molson's Big Fish contest for  few years .