Camping \ boat fishing close. For Kids.

LeXXington

Hey All.

Does anyone know a nice queit place for camping with a small in-land lake for pan fish. Close too 2 hours from Toronto.

I know I could go just about anywhere for fishing but my requirements are tight on this one as its for my 4 year old and me too do a little bonding time.

I need a small lake so it warms up quick for swiming.

Boat Access and she wants to go on the boat

Lots of pan fish to keep her busy, nothing for me unless its there of course :)

Winning lotto numbers for next fridays super 7 (thought I would slip this in)

I was looking on the web and there are too many to pick from.

Any one have any recomendations.

Thanks

LeXX

Hey Lexx,

Have you ever stayed up in Sauble Falls? There is a provincial park there as well as lots for you to do with your four year old, lots of inland lakes close by as well as swimming at sauble beach... you can't beat the sand castle building there.

Cheers,

Jen

A few years ago I went to a park near Alliston (Off Highway 89, east of 50). I never camped there but had a day trip/picnic.

Earle Rowe Provincial Park - located on the Boyne River (runs into or out of the Nottawasaga River). I know they have camping, wading in the lake/river/ also a swimming pool that is gradual slope, good pan fish fishing with potential for a trout as well. And I do believe they allow boats there (and may have them to rent).

Give them a call to make sure nothing has changed and that it suits your needs.

Nice grounds and not too far from Toronto.

http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/earl.html

Paul you got the pan fish capitol of the world "Rice Lake" right at your fingertips. There is a nice campground called Serpent Mounds PP near Keene.

Plenty of pan fish right out in front of the park in the acres of weedbeds. If you decide that this is the spot and need any further info pm me I can put you on some spots.

Good Luck

Whopper

Have you ever stayed up in Sauble Falls? There is a provincial park there as well as lots for you to do with your four year old, lots of inland lakes close by as well as swimming at sauble beach... you can't beat the sand castle building there.

Hey Jen,

Yeap Been there and the area many, many and a few more many time :thumbsup_anim: ... Super place, I lived in that area for 20 something years.

Thats a place if you wanted a super beach you just can beat that area, friendly people, etc.

Unfortuantly, its a long drive from my place going over the 3 hour mark + the inland lakes are even further :(

I figure a 4 year old would only listen to so much Classic rock for the drive so I need it closer.

Could try Emily Provincial Park Lower Pigeon/Pigeon River. Pretty close and not bad fishing. Panfish right off the dock or launch for bass and a shot at a muskie. Very shallow and weedy, but a quick run up the lake will get you into deeper water.

Emily PP is a good one if you can get a reservation. Maybe try Guelph lake conservation area. Good beaches, nice campsites and good bass and pike fishing as well as panfish. Also try Valens conservation area. They have great campsites, a better beach than Guelph and more than enough panfish for any little one. They also have a nice playground and trails for walking and exploring. Both Guelph & Valens have "no gas motor" restrictions, but that just makes for a more peaceful camping trip.