Who knows anything about Leland Michigan?

Shloim

Hi everybody, we are starting to plan a family road trip. On our way back, my wife suggested we stay at lake in Michigan for a few days to chill and for me to fish... So Im open to suggestions if anyones got any????

Thanks

Sheldon 

Edited by Shloim

9 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

all i know is that if your wife is booking vacations so that you can fish...youve got a keeper

She is, I just need to figure out how to make her keep me! I can only rely on my good looks to carry me so far!...lol

10 minutes ago, BillM said:

Should have no problems finding a guide up there for some lake of river fishing.  The 'UP' has some fantastic trout fishing for big big brownies!  

Its not in the "UP" its in lower  Michigan

Past Traverse City which is a cool spot to walk around for a day. Touristy area but some good fishing. lake charters and stuff. Definetly not a wilderness area but the dunes are likely pretty cool too..the ones up on Superior are neat

12 minutes ago, BillM said:

Yeah I guess you're right, I've always considered that part of Michigan the UP as well, lol.

When you live in the Sault and hang out in the upper for snowmobiling, and have to cross the Mac to get to the lower to go to Petosky and Traverse city...well, you just know

19 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

I have never fished in Michigan, a bit more info on your game plan might help with suggestions? Are you taking a boat? Planning on camping or a resort? Species you have an interest in fishing for? Time of year for your trip?

I'm good for almost every species, staying at a hotel (not booked yet) therefore we are open to other locations between there and here. Not taking the boat (going to Chicago first). Going late August...thanks for the help!

21 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

you better figure out how to get rich...and fast

If only it was that easy to do! Ive been wishing for ages with no luck!

22 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

all i know is that if your wife is booking vacations so that you can fish...youve got a keeper

I would suggest Mackinaw and Mackinaw Island area for a stop over........FANTASTIC area with lots do along with fishing.......Mackinaw Island is must go thing......no cars allowed and you have to boat over there in the many people ferries they have there.

The GRAND HOTEL is something to see and take the horse draw carriage for a narrated guided tour.