Any Balsam news lately? Last outing on Thursday.

Raycaster

Just wondering if anyone has been on Balsam lately as I'm heading up Thursday morning to put the boat away.

Bringing a friend to help seal the boat up and probably heading for South Bay and then Ant Island.

Had a decent year on the lake with 2 small muskies. (one was a beautiful tiger).

Thanks guys.

We were up Oct 1 - 8 fished Balsam 17 hrs only had 2 follows and 1 hit from Muskies . We caught several Pike and had some nice Smallmouth follow in our Muskie lures . You are going to the right area South Bay and Ant Island weed edge should produce for you we do well there both with Tigers and Pures . Good Luck looking forward to your report .

I hope you get some! I used to fish Balsam a lot and have caught several beauty muskies there. The last couple years I found it quite slow...so much so that I did not make it a stop on my voyages this year. I hope that I maybe just hit it on bad days the last couple years, and that my results weren't indicative of the impact of pike on the lake. Let me know how you do! I have one or two trips left in me this year...maybe I do make Balsam an 11th hour stop on my season.

There's a reason they don't call me "Mr. October" or Mr. Fall.

Only had time for 4hrs on choppy Balsam so hid in calmer South Bay.

Lost a medium pike at the boat and that was it.

Of course it was still a beautiful day fishing, always is.

BTW, on a non-fishing GEEK topic, are there any Hackintosh experts here? Started doing some coding again and wanted to play with Swift.

Good luck fishing, I loved Balsam way back when we went every fall for a few years. We never did fish much though, more elbow bending and loosing money at cards.

I hope you aren't like my cousin who would invite me up to his cottage in the Wiarton area fishing once a year, at the end of October and he just happened to almost out of gas in the boat. I didn't mind the first 2 times if only to get away and see the leaves on the trees. But by the third year it was so obvious, actually it was obvious the first year, I told him I would give him the Family DIY plumbers rate and DIY Marine mechanic rate and he can't afford that so he had better learn how. Actually he can well afford it, he's just cheap and thinks I'm stupid. Good guy overall.