Splicing transducer cable

b_cdot

To be fair they are not repairable from a shop. They can be patched by a person though. If they repaired it and charged you only $100.00 you would expect it to preform perfectly for as long as the transducers life and would expect them to repair it for free if water got into the splice and stopped working. Worst would be they repair it and it does notwork %100 as well as it did before. So thats why you got the unrepairable answer. I hit cases in the plumbing profession that I will condemn a faucet and the homeowner decides to fix it himself. after he spends 2 hours and some jb weld he "fixes" it. If I did the same thing and gave him a 2 hour labor bill and a maybe it is fixed it would have been the same price for a new faucet.

You can find in a plumbing warehouse a well wire splicing kit. The repair of the wire do as others have advised but while the wire is in two use the well wire splice shield it is a shrink tube with a special ooze inside that when heated to shrink makes the splice permanently water proof.

Good Luck

Art

Yea, they are called environmental splices. I've used hundreds of them in the aviation industry on engine harnesses. You need a good heat gun with a u-shaped attachment on the end to deflect the heat to the back side of the splice so they shrink evenly for best results.

Cheers

Not familar with the type of transducer.

Is it a single/dual freq or does it also have sidescan/downimaging with the transducer.

If it's one of those transducers with many different freqs I'd take Jos's word for it as not repairable.

I've spliced an old single freq transducer but wouldn't expect good results with a multi freq one.

Edited by Woodsman

Not familar with the type of transducer.

Is it a single/dual freq or does it also have sidescan/downimaging with the transducer.

If it's one of those transducers with many different freqs I'd take Jos's word for it as not repairable.

I've spliced an old single freq transducer but wouldn't expect good results with a multi freq one.

Definitely multi freq. 83/200 chirp 455/800. Total scan does it all