I was the chaser

misfish

I love the laker chase video game . Always worth the quarter to play. Today , I deposited probly 5 bucks worth to play. I was chasing my tail off to find them, and to get them. So many chases and no hook ups. Im using 2 new reels for this game. Both are ABU series reels. Ones a ABU Special, the other a ABU C4.

I found that both will cover a lot of water when reeling. I could reel inn 10 fow in a matter of no time. I tried different retrieve speeds. They would follow then just drop off the bait. Was I going to slow, too fast. I was beside myself.

After covering about a 5 km square mile in 5 hours, I decide to head in for some perch fishing. They are always willing to play. On my way in, I marked. No way, they have been shallow all this time ? Drop my bait . The first one zoomed up, followed at a slow retrieve then went back down. NOOOOO ,what am I doing wrong.

I dropped the bait back down and let it sit 15 ft above the bottom. One came up slowly. I do mean slow. He came up 5 ft, stopped. I wiggle the bait. He comes another 5ft up. Then he makes his move. I figured I had nothing to lose here, so I reeled that bait at full wind. Didn't he just rocket after the bait and stop me dead. Hook set and the fight was on.

The battle was a good long one. I thought it was going to be a tank, but it was a nice fatty with shoulders. Once I got it landed, it was burping . The best thing that could happen. Easy torpedo release. Just as I give it the ole heave ho, I hear BEEP BEEP BEEP. Go pro dead.

Oh well, I seen it go all the way to the depths to play another day.

It was a glorious morning/day, I don't recall this kind of stretch, where Simcoe offered up such calm waters and warmer then norm temps. Nice start to my, day one of 9, vacation.

In the video, I talk about all the loons. There had to be a 100 of them all around me. Has anyone else seen them out there? I was in awe at the numbers.

Edited by Misfish