Haven't fished this summer...Where to go with a kayak?

hotsky

Haven't been able to get out much to fish this year; became a dad 8 weeks go :) so me time went on backburner lol. buuuut have this week off and would like to take my kayak out and do some fishing. Im in Hamilton and last year I fished off my kayak at Binbrook conservation (lake Niapenko?), Guelph lake, Mountsberg, Grand River and Bellwood lake. I remember water is being really low last year so some places were a bust fishing wise.

How are those placed doing this year? which would be the best bet? OR another one with in 45mins of Hamilton. thanks

Congrats on the new baby. I first started my local fishing on Niapenco. I always thought it was an Indian name but it is the Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority. Take a drive to Haldimand and launch at the south end of Kohler Rd. and catch Smallmouth on every other cast in the little bay using tube jigs or imitation Leeches or real Leeches from Bills Bait on Upper James. Google it. 45 mins from the Hammer.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Thanks for the replies guys. Monday I ended up heading over to Guelph lake and spent 7 hours cruising around the lake. Got a couple crappies, pike, perch and lost 3 bass. Was pretty sore next day form all the paddling lol. Tomorrow might hit up Mountsberg (hopefully).

Old Ironmaker are you talking about lake Eire near Selkirk? I'll actually be staying at a cottage there Fri/Sat and thinking of grabbing a kayak too. Looks like all the water front is private property so not sure where would be a good spot to lunch? I only found Hoovers Marina.