Any suggestions on a place to fish near Toronto to Barrie

mj2112

I need a 2-3 day getaway from work. I am towing my 16' boat to Canada, crossing at the Peace bridge one morning next week. I've been to Rice Lake, Pickerel River, and many places above Sudbury. Just don't want to drive over 500 miles from Pittsburgh for only for a few days. Musky, Pike, and bass is what we would be interested in.

Has anyone fished the Pickerel river lately? Loved that place but haven't been there in years. I know it is further than Barrie but if somebody recommends it, I would make that drive.

Greatly appreciate any suggestions on a lake or river and maybe a launch.

I would sleep in the truck or motel nearby.

Edited by mj2112

Honey Harbour is a cool area to fish. I always found muskie tough there, but bass and pike fishing is good. There are plenty of other Kawartha Lakes that might suit your need. Balsam Lake has some good muskie fishing and now has pike, so there are some tigers in there also. Bass and walleye are also available.

Simcoe has pike and bass, very big bass too. But its a big lake and you need to have an idea of where to go.

Otherwise Kawartha Lakes Balsam and Pigeon both are good for Musky. All Kawarthas have bass SM and LM and walleye. Balsam has pike as well.