1st time fishing in years

Lord Letto

Welcome back and thanks for the report. Rick thank you as always for stepping up and helping. If you fall short in an area let me know I go a whole wack of tackle that I have amassed over the years that are still boxed I seem to find a great lure and then buy to many.

Art

If you rent a boat and motor you do zero maintenance. Most places want them to refuel in fact to make sure they get the correct oil/gas mixture.

Rick, I'll take some tackle.

Nah, your experienced and have money lol

No prob art! Always nice to help out newer anglers!!!

*Plus, he'll probably stick around now ??

Edited by manitoubass2

Well Today was a day of 2 Firsts for me, Caught my 1st Smallmouth (I'm sure it Wasn't a Rock) & 1st Crappie (Both Got Released, Never took a Pic of the Smallie as I Wanted to Focus on getting it back in the Water ASAP due to it being OOS), instead of going to the Conostogo River, We went to the Nith River at the Holland Mills Rd/Township Rd 13 Bridge.

Here's a pic of a Small Fish my Youngest Niece Caught, when I 1st saw it I thought it was a Minnow of some kind due to the Size but afterwords looking at the Picture, I think it's a Young Smallie?:

20170611_155324_HDR.jpg

& Here's 2 Pics my Sister in Law took of me With my Crappie, My Youngest Niece Photobombed one of them:

IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

Edited by Lord Letto

good posts thank you... im pretty new to fishing aswell started back again last summer after 20years. my advice from shore is get some worms YUM are the cheapest and work i use pumpkinseed color and wacky rig weightless and i am sure you will have success. give it a try works for me everytime. bass love it and bass openes saturday. while i am waiting for bass to open i fish for panfish i use bobber, small jig and gulp minows 2.5inch works very well. crappie, rockbass, pumpkinseed, blugill you name it will bit it. hope it works for you good luck and happy fishing.

good posts thank you... im pretty new to fishing aswell started back again last summer after 20years. my advice from shore is get some worms YUM are the cheapest and work i use pumpkinseed color and wacky rig weightless and i am sure you will have success. give it a try works for me everytime. bass love it and bass openes saturday. while i am waiting for bass to open i fish for panfish i use bobber, small jig and gulp minows 2.5inch works very well. crappie, rockbass, pumpkinseed, blugill you name it will bit it. hope it works for you good luck and happy fishing.

Thanks & Welcome to OFC.

I Live in FMZ 16 so Bass Opener isn't until the 4th Saturday in June (June 24th) So I Have to Wait another Week while in other Zones the Opener is the 3rd Saturday so this coming Saturday (The 17th).

As For Panfish Fishing, I'll Have to Give Jigs with Minnows on a Bobber a Try Next time I Go, I Have 2 1/8 oz Jigs & Some Powerbait 3" Grubs & Minnows that Came with my Rod.

Edited by Lord Letto