BOQ Shore fishing report

mepps

We decided to take a little trip up to the bay to visit some friends we hadnt seen in a while. They have a 6 month old who we hadnt met yet. It was a long drive from London, especially with no air conditioning. With a pregnant woman on board, we had to make quite a few stops on the way, and decided to check out the Big Apple - we always say we are gonna go try a famous big apple pie, but we are usualyl in a hurry. We stopped, and im glad we did! It was a lot of fun - a great place if you have little kids. There were goats and other animals to see outside, and inside you could watch pies get made. For little ones there is mini golf and other attractions such as The Big Apple. We didnt climb it, but we snapped a few photos infront of it.

big%20apple%20gillian.jpg

We spent the rest of the day catching up and got in a little fishing between beers. We came to a small dock that had some great lookign wees near them. We casted spoons and spinners out for pike, but only a few small OOS largies were all that was biting so we packed it in.

brandy%20fishing.jpg

group%20fishing.jpg

On the way home we came across a snapping turtle on the road, and I decided to get out and move her off the road and onto the grass.

snapper3.jpg

I snuck up behind her so she wouldnt attack me...

snapper1.jpg

Once she was off the ground she new something was wrong and made some lunges at me snapping furiously. My smile turned to worry pretty quick and i set her down in teh grass quickly.

snapper2.jpg

Despite no fish, we had a great stay in Belleville...

Edited by mepps

Guest mistyriver1

Nice report Mepps. Some great shots of the turtle.

If Crazyhook sees this thread, he has a great pic of him holding a snapping turtle.

snag - LOTS of bunnies running around!

Funny story about that.

Apparently, the Big Apple operation didn't keep the bunnies under control and the bunnies did what bunnies do best.

The neighbours are eating a lot of rabbit and the road kill is epic.

I stopped off there one night and they were EVERYWHERE! From the highway to the gas station you could see dozens of them at the side of the road.

I should tell you the story of my ex-brother-in-law and the snapping turtle. Similar situation with the turtle in the middle of the road. He stopped, got out and gave it a nudge in the butt with his foot. The turtle was faster then anyone could imagine! It somehow had enough speed to jump around and bite down on his foot! :w00t: He gave his foot a shake and it did let go with just a bit of torn skin. He was wearing running shoes which was a good thing.

Seeing you with the sandles on I cannot imagine what kind of damage may have been done if he had been wearing similar foot wear. Good thing no one was harmed in the making of this report! ;) Nice shots and a good read, made me laugh and brought back some good memories. Unfortuneately my ex-brother-in-law passed away while my ex and I were still together at the very young age of 28 of heart failure. Still think of him quite often and reading your report has done it again. Tthanks for sharing. ;):)