FINALLY . . . . .

Photoz

:Gonefishing:Over the past month I've caught a lot of carp, ALL good scrappers, but ALL in the 15 - 20 pound range, and almost all UNDER 30 inches! Today I hit the Otonabee, VERY quiet at 06:00 . . . never had a line bump till after 08:30. A Brit just upriver from me was haulin' 'em in . . . I landed my first after 11:00. THEN they started, I had a break-off, a knot come untied & 3 hooks pull out, but did land 6 in total . . . the last being the best! I KNEW this was a good fish, length-wise, but not much girth. It ended up being 35", so . . . . if the 34 incher was still tops for Team #5, I guess I've now managed a contribution! I sure wish I could handle a camera & fight fish like some of our members . . . . geeze, it took a good 5 minutes to FINALLY get this one to hold still for a shot!! :thumbsup_anim:

gallery_77_129_72284.jpg

I'm just wonderin' when mallards are in season . . . take your eye off your corn, or groundbait bucket and they're helpin' themselves! One duckling last year used to climb right in the corn bucket . . . it was so fat at the end of summer it had trouble flying . . . . m m m m m m m . . . . corn fed mallard around Thanksgivin'!!

med_gallery_77_129_54406.jpg

Happy to see you back in action Steve and having lots of success. Also nice to hear the Brits are still coming up there. I've met quite a few of them up there along the river over the years and they are wonderful folks. It goes without saying that carpers are all wonderful folks. :thumbsup_anim:

Things are on the upswing for you now. keep having fun.

Lovely shot of the ducks. I had a whole family of racoons laying seige on me last weekened. Mom stayed away, but five younglings had no fear of man at all and kept coming after me in one wave after another to get to those groundbaits. At one point I was surrounded by them on all sides; for a while felt like Custer at the Little Bighorn. :lol:

Good one Steve...

At Carp Point we have to contend with the chipmunks stealing our corn and groundbait...if you don't seal your containers tight the little beggers will find a way to pry a corner open and crawl right inside...

We will try and get a picture of them next time...