Good deal on a budget musky set up

Weeds

The subject of a good starting musky set up often comes up so I figured I'd mention this just in case any one else is interested and still has some Christmas money burning a whole in their pockets. I just ordered this actually. St Croix premier musky rods, either 7 and a half or 8 footers in MH, for 155 dollars, and abu C3's 6500 series for 90 bucks. Shipping is supposedly free on orders over a 100, whether or not an additional charge for oversized items applies remains to be seen but on checkout my total, including taxes, was 275 dollars. Not too shabby. I know you could debate the pros and cons of the C3 but at that price I don't think you can beat it. Wholesale sports online if anyone is interested. I hope this isn't interpreted as spam as I have no affiliation with them as I have no affiliation with them, just wanted to share what I see as a killer deal. Cheers, can't wait to get back in the musky game!

Whats the warranty on shipping a rod? Id worried it ship broken

covered in a certain time frame - example it shows up and tracking shows you signed for it Jan 10/17 and you contact them in a week or less and advise the company you ordered off of.

Edited by GBW

Yeah, those are Canadian prices. Order was 245 before tax, 275 after. I've ordered a few hunting items from them before, they shipped quickly and I didn't have any problems. A lot of their items are well priced even when they aren't on sale.

Whats the warranty on shipping a rod? Id worried it ship broken

I have ordered at least 6 shipped rods over years.... Never has one had so much as a scratch, they all have come in cardboard tubes that are pretty tough.

I even reuse the tubes and caps when I go on long trips with tons of gear and friends who are more worried that that the whiskey bottles don't break than they are about the fishing gear being usable when we get there.