Carpet re-do...Tips?

Pigeontroller

So after several winters of talking myself out of doing it I finally ordered a roll of carpet for my Lund.

Any tips from those that have done this appreciated. I plan on replacing the wood as well.

Is regular contact cement the best thing to use?

There's a vinyl on my consoles under the windshield I'd like to replace as well, any thoughts on what to use?

4 years ago I put a new plywood floor & vinyl in my 14' Lund. I purchased the vinyl from Home Depot, they have a particular type of glue that is recommended for this type of vinyl. It has held up to wear & tear very well. The vinyl I have is the same stuff you see in the newer Lunds.

I used the indoor outdoor carpet glue it has less fumes than contact cement. I made sure I had a good coat of glue on the wood to seal it. I have a Ranger boat and used vinyl on the main floor to make it easy to wash. The casting decks remained carpet because I fish barefoot and it keeps them from getting hot. The vinyl flooring can get pretty hot in the sun but having a place to land the fish without sliming the carpet is well worth it.

Art

I just did my ranger bass boat- tips use more contact cement let it sit apply carpet once

buy a very sharp olfa knife get a pack of the black blades good scissors help I used one I purchased from matco

I tried using pontoon deck glue didn't bond to well to fibreglass I have a 5 gallon pail of it free if u want it

so on a 18 ft ranger I used 21 ft of carpert and 9 litres of glue bought the 8 ft wide roll around 3 bills

When choosing your glue make sure you can achieve the temperature needed for it to cure correctly. Make sure that it is compatible with the material you are bonding too. Some glues will not bond to pressure treated plywood correctly. Glues that are not water based will give you lots of VOC fumes that in an inclosed space could harm you.

Art