Fishing Tournament Ryan and Dad with Friends

After last weekends fishing tournament being the 2nd time out being SKUNKED I finally barely killed the skunk .This day was another great day with my young Son and my fishing partner Ryan (8).The day was not filled with trophy fish but with lasting memories.Once again mother nature gave us a beautiful day.I can not describe the kind of day Ryan enjoyed.I must say simply priceless.For some of you who have seen my previous reports well Ryan has endured many treturous weather outings with rain and cold .This day was one of our best.

Got out with GlennK and his son Andrew who enjoyed his day just as much as Ryan.Andrew out fished his old man landing a couple of pike.

Enough said on with the pics.

127196.JPG

First pic of the day7:45am and Ryan Says hurry up Dad the sun is shining in my face.I just love the facial expression.

127197.JPG

A shot of GlennK and his 12 year old son Andrew.

127198.JPG

Ryan's first up real close observation of a snot rocket pike. :thumbsup_anim:

127199.JPG

Ya I know thats a dink but after the last 2 trips the skunk is gone. :stretcher:

127200.JPG

Another Dink snot rocket but Ryan was impressed.

127220.JPG

Redneck fisherman.A little father and son fun :lol:

127201.JPG

First time piloting the boat with the electric.

127202.JPG

Trolling for the sleeping pike with the 4 stroke.Won't be long and will be able to kick back with the young captain in command.

127203.JPG

127204.JPG

These are 2 of my fishing buddies Danny and Kenny who fish the opening every year with me in Quinte.

When I caught up with them Kenny(on the right) had just taken a dip in 6ft of water trying to find his rod and reel he accidently kicked over board trying to get the rod out of a snag.Yup Kenny stripped down to his underwear and tried to find the rod which he never found :stretcher: by by Rod$$$$$$$$$

After a little shrinkage he called Danny over the water temp was just too cold for Rod recovery.

By the Way Danny came in third place for Pike during the tournament with a 33 inch pike 1 1/4 shy of first palce :clapping:

127205.JPG

127206.JPG

Around Lunch time Ryan and I were looking for a place to dock and have lunch

but as you can see there was a helluva line up at the dock.

127207.JPG

2 more friends of ours Clifford and his son Mike.The bridge in the backgound is the USA.We were a 1/4 mile from the Quebec Canada US border.

This is where Danny caught the 33 inch Pike sorry Danny forgot his camera.

127208.JPG

Who said the sunfish was mighty.The little pea brain is down right stupid this is a rapala 6 inch Husky Jerk the sunfish is about 4 inches and I have no idea what this thing was thinking.How the hell is it supposed to digest something 2 inches longer than itself :dunno:

Yup the worlds dummest fish and yes sunfish are nothing but pigs :oops:

127209.JPG

127210.JPG

Many times during the day we caught some pretty good size boat wake and Ryan thought it was cool slamming in to some 4ft plus waves.Boys will be boys.

127211.JPG

Here you go Glen(Green Coach Dog)you wanted skin pics so here you go this is my Redneck suntan :whistling:

127212.JPG

Oh and Glen this is how you should dress in your rental TILLER boat which will be lacking the tracker side console.It was 29 celcius and I know you think that is cold up here .Good Luck Glenn and beware of those cold Northern air cold fronts :whistling: in Lakair.

127213.JPG

This was a draw prize at the tournament.Also another draw for a 2hp Honda.

127214.JPG

Our gang for the day .We were just missing Clifford's son Mike.A little of what we won from draw prizes.

127215.JPG

I had to take this shot I have never seen an aluminium boat this small before.

127216.JPG

The ride home.

127217.JPG

Surprize!!!!!!!!

127218.JPG

The 4:45am wake up time took its toll on my young man .

What a day ya I know no trophy fish but we enjoyed our Father's Day weekend.

MTP

Edited by Mike the Pike

Wow...what a fantastic report Mike!!! You said it best though...it's not about the fish...it's about the lasting memories with your son. Kudos to you...you are a dedicated fisherman...but most of all a dedicated father!

Thanks for the great pics and story Mike...your reports always have lots of thought put into each word!!

You take some amazing pictures... but what is more enjoyable when reading your reports is the amount of joy you can hear and feel in them. Family time is sometimes worth its weight in gold... you manage it very well... not to mention you packed halloween masks... WAY TO GO DAD>.. as my kids would say " YOU ROCK!"

Glad Ryan had a great day...nothing better than watching them drift off to sleep on the way home ...

Cheers,

Jen