Time to do some exploring

Big Cliff

Well, since we've down sized I finally have time to do some fishing.

Years ago I use to love exploring different areas especially for shore fishing. I've decided to spend some time looking for some new spots and in particular the South East shore (but not limited to) of Simco.

Looking for someone in the Lindsay area that would like to ride along could be during the week, could be on a weekend. No cost to you, I'm going anyway (well you can buy a coffee or something once in a while).

I like fishing for just about anything and wouldn't mind even scoping out some spots for smelts in the spring.

If you are interested PM me and we'll see if we can hook up.

Just north of this spot, Uncle Dave and I used to catch the odd decent perch in the Trent Canal...

Beaverton suckers 16apr2008 002.jpg

UncleDave with  Perch.jpg

We also did well in the spring fishing off the main dock at Bonnies Boats in Jackson's Point for perch, but last time we were there they had fenced off the dock due to damage to the boats that were moored there...

Edited by Beans

Feeling up for a hungover (me) trip this week then let me know. I'm off and enjoying my bday week.

Enjoy your birthday week my friend, got company coming this weekend but any time you have a day off and want to do some exploring, give me a shout 705-928-8899

Edited by Big Cliff

Enjoy your birthday week my friend, got company coming this weekend but any time you have a day off and want to do some exploring, give me a shout 705-928-8899

I have my kids this weekend but my next mid week day off expect a text the day before to see if you are free. and thanks.

Just north of this spot, Uncle Dave and I used to catch the odd decent perch in the Trent Canal...

attachicon.gifBeaverton suckers 16apr2008 002.jpg

attachicon.gifUncleDave with Perch.jpg

We also did well in the spring fishing off the main dock at Bonnies Boats in Jackson's Point for perch, but last time we were there they had fenced off the dock due to damage to the boats that were moored there...

I remember that spot well my friend, that's going back a few years LOL.

that spot in beaverton was one of Photoz favourite spots for suckers, I went there a couple of times with him

Yes, he introduced a few of us to that spot...too bad he is no longer with us...I for one miss him...

Cliff I have time off through he week at times.

I work a rotating continental shift.

Meeting up in the Simcoe area could be a good day trip for me.

If the ice co-operates icefishing would also work if your interested.

I have all the equipment required for us.

Cliff, how are you adjusting to the new place not on the water? We have started talking about getting away from the lake and all it's bad weather plus taking advantage of the ridiculous prices waterfront is bringing today. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't look out the window and see right across to NY and watch all the waterfowl and the odd Eagle cruising around.

I absolutely love where we moved to! Just some of the advantages are: a much lower cost of living, even without any investment income or work income we can live with just our pension income (it's tight but we can do it) which is a huge relief and a lot off stress gone.

We really loved our place on the water but when it became more work than I could handle and it got to the point where the cost was more than we could comfortably handle (we could but we were starting to live on the edge with increased taxes utilities and maintenance) we knew it was time.

Our old place was very private, a large lot, big hedges between us and the properties on either side, open fields across the road..... very rural, we enjoyed that (at least we thought we did). Here I can sit out on my front porch and have a beer and get to talk to a half dozen people in just an hour or so, it's really nice! If I want to be left alone I just go sit on the back deck.

Our new place is all about community, pot luck dinners, cards, line dancing, darts..... do as much as you want or as little. Everyone looks out for each other, the lady next door brought us muffins just after we moved in, cut our lawn for us (it's 80 X 20) but she is in her 80's lol. The fellow on the other side; Gary came over with his leaf blower the other day and blew all the leaves (I had raked them the week before and did his yard while I was at it but more had come down).

At the pot luck dinner I made newfie date crumbles (date squares but with coconut in the bottom and top layer). I'm now famous and have three offers of marriage LOL. Met up with a woman that makes the best cabbage rolls I've ever had (she took home some of my date squares and I took home some of her cabbage rolls LOL).

Do we miss the sunsets, the sound of the loons in the evening, being able to walk down to the dock and catch dinner? Yes I guess so but we have 16 wonderful years of memories. Those experiences have been replaced by new ones, I now have time and energy left at the end of the day to go fishing, fly my quad copter, cook some wonderful meals in our new kitchen and spend time with friends.

If I want to go fishing I now have to go down to the river (about a two minute drive) there is a beautiful sand beach, a pool, boat docks, and every amenity you could ask for and my total cost is $306.00 a month and my taxes are $56.00 a month. I got my second hydro bill the other day, $104.00 (our old place for the same period was $186.00 and we had a gas range and gas water heater) Since Sept. 7th when we moved in here our total propane usage is about $125.00 (might be off by a few $ but it's very close.)

Would I do it again? In a heart beat but it has to be what works for you!

You are a smart man, there are communities just like this all over the country so if you decide it might be a life style choice for you I'd suggest you look into it.

You know you are always welcome to come for a visit and I'd love it if you did so if you ever want to take a drive......

:whistling: