Lip Grippers

mike rousseau

Just curious Mike...why don't you take the Frail with you all the time, especially since you seem to have a good history of hooking them while fishing for walleye? Space issue?

Basically yes

Musky nets are huge and get in the way

I would need that one plus my lucky strike for the walleye

That's a lot of clutter in a 16" aluminium

It's something I deal with when Musky fishing because it's a must when targeting these fish

I've already decided and ordered a baker lip grip

Let us know how you like it.

In northern Quebec a few years ago, my boat partner brought some gripper (orange) that we used on lakers...it worked well.

I agree the big nets are an issue sometimes. Twice this last season I got my Abu Revo Winch handle caught up in mine....I have no idea how it got so tangled, but each time took a good 15 minutes to free up.

Hi Mike,

Just my opinion I tried one with musky years ago, I don't remember the brand. It was advertised as the gripper spins when the fish does, so you don't damage the jaw.

This thing gave my 47" musky a root canal , was terrible. The fish thrashed as I was cutting the hooks and it did a real number on it. When I got home it went straight in the garbage.

They might be ok to hold the fish down while removing hooks, but if that fish thrashes it will not be good. Just my experience, I personally would never use one again.