OK, I'll open the can of worms, US Presidential Election thread

Old Ironmaker

Art this thread has digressed from a debate from the original discussion of the impending election to US foreign policy to the spewing of ridiculous partisan propaganda. I think we have voiced our opinions about the election and you may lock this thing and I won't be upset. When I open a can of worms I do a pretty good job.

Speaking of which, have you seen the price of worms????

I thought id buy some a few days back and holy crap! $13 bucks???? A few years ago it was 5 bucks even.

For the record, I caught about 15 walleye all about 8"s long. Normally its trophy time up here this time of year. Biggest eye I caught was 12"s

And no joke there was a dead skunk in the water. Sign of things to come? Lol

I caught a grand total of 3 Pics this year here Rick. 3! Now being Erie Walleye those 3 weighed no less than 25 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit, 28 pounds and growing. But seriously they had to average 10 pounds each.

You home? I'll call.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I caught a grand total of 3 Pics this year here Rick. 3! Now being Erie Walleye those 3 weighed no less than 25 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats rediculous in two ways.

Only 3 fish????

And a total weight of 25lbs????

Jeebus, mind if I come down next year and wash some lures? Perhaps wormdunker can join as well?

One thing for sure is that this election is not business as usual. The social contract has been broken in that things that shouldn't be said are said often. So many social taboos are constantly broken that the electorate is in shell shock and serious issues fall by the wayside. Will we mark this as the time that we started to long for a civil society again?

What are the odds that the election pivots around the primary topic of interest to the electorate? Zero. Do people even have a good grip on both candidates financial platforms?

Finally, this gong show looks like it won't end with the election and everyone making nice. Sparks are already being struck on the fuel of an armed angry minority. This all is very depressing.

Once again a political discussion turns into bashing and bad feelings. I had hoped this time would be different but it wasn't. This thread cost me 12 p.m.s 3 messages and over two hours of reading and writing. It also cost me peace of mind slowly showing me that behind some people's back they have a knife for the American way. I think that is the real reason that these threads hurt so much.

Art