Round Up weed killer

darsky

Try a more environment friendly weed killer. Simple and cheaper too. A jug of white vinegar and add a cup of table salt. Use a chemical sprayer and weeds be gone in a day or 2.

Works great OI, gallon of vin 1.39 salt at Wally 77 cents and good to go. I melt the salt in boiling water. Add some dish soap too.

Gallon las a long time for me.

It will kill grass!

I was still under the impression you could get the good 'ole "regular" Roundup at Farm supply shops and the like.

Like TSC.

Not true?

I believe you can with the proper license, can't even get rat poison without a license Think even CTC has the concentrate is a locked cage here in town.

The vinegar is an acid that will burn the plant by drawing moisture from it, it might also kill blight spores in the ground as it can contaminate the soil and render the soil lifeless for a few years. The plant will grow back from the roots so you need the salt to contaminate the soil at the root and possibly kill everything for a few years. You need the dish soap for a sticker to hold this environmentally friendly brew to the plant and nobody knows the chemical composition of dish soap so good luck with that crap shoot.

Depending on the % acid of the vinegar you will need some protective clothing and a respirator.

If you are stuck on a desert Island and need a weed killer use the vinegar brew and drink the roundup, less toxic than coffee if you happen to be a rat..

Protective clothing to use vinegar? Come on man. Any qualification here. My Mom is doing fairly well at 85 and I remember gallons of vinegar during canning season.

You can still get Round Up if you have certification that you are a farmer. I still use salt and vinegar on the walkways and driveway. As far as making the ground unable to sustain life tell that to the weeds that grow back. There isn't any lawn in southern Ontario anyway, weeds may be the only green around. Eat them don't kill them.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I make my own wine vinegar and it's way stronger that the stuff you buy atbthe store. Been using it for years in salads ... Too good to spray on weeds :)

A respirator! In an old fashioned Calabrese tomato/booconcin/onion/basil salad we dip our crusty bread in the juice.

The vinegar is an acid that will burn the plant by drawing moisture from it, it might also kill blight spores in the ground as it can contaminate the soil and render the soil lifeless for a few years. The plant will grow back from the roots so you need the salt to contaminate the soil at the root and possibly kill everything for a few years. You need the dish soap for a sticker to hold this environmentally friendly brew to the plant and nobody knows the chemical composition of dish soap so good luck with that crap shoot.

Depending on the % acid of the vinegar you will need some protective clothing and a respirator.

If you are stuck on a desert Island and need a weed killer use the vinegar brew and drink the roundup, less toxic than coffee if you happen to be a rat..

Well said.

I use RoundUp all the time at home/cottage to control weeds/ grass. Never pull a weed twice.

Don't use on lawn. Kills everything.

A plant hormone.

Not afraid of it.

Hope I don't pay a price ultimately.

Legal for farmers to use on Canola then harvest after 2 wks and sell to humans to eat.

I wouldn't want to drink it but careful use is no problem.

I hope. ?