Quick RR shorefish

manitoubass2

I planned for a nice day of shorefishing for today, but last night I began to get sick(ugggh)

In bed by 11ish and wide awake at 2am. So I figured wth? Coffee and wait for first light. Might as well get in a quick fish before I get and sicker, that and temps reach +33 ???

Arrived on the spot with coffee in hand, 545. The river looked immaculate! Zero wind, nice cool breeze and a great sunrise!

First cast I got a good strike! Bonus, shes a keeper pike!!!(thus the crappy hold for a pic)

30, 40, 50 casts and I couldnt be bothered with pics. Well I took one. Lotsa bass to be had but all around 1lb. Great times for sure! But they certainly are behind this year.

Ine bass but a jig/grub where I literally just dropped the bait 3 ft away and the jig hit bottom, hookset and game on??? I thought maybe it was a sucker at first.

Next up some more small pike and bass sprinkle in. The bite was fast but all small fish.

I used maybe 8-10 different lures. Surprise! The keys was small. Most fish caught on 1/8oz jigs and a grub

The scenery was amazing! I took pics but didnt really pay attention to them. Turns out some looked pretty darn cool!

Next up I tried above the rapids and quickly got 3 walleye, all small, maybe 10". But fish are fish and its all fun!

I left by 10am and caught at least 20 fish. Much better than nothing?

20160729_040404_zpswa3cuefp.jpg

20160729_060345_zps9e6ra1yg.jpg

20160729_060453_zpspwrkmvmv.jpg

20160729_061211_zps8kweexjq.jpg

20160729_062033_zpsunszzk69.jpg

20160729_065258_zps50kdwils.jpg

20160729_065308_zpsofwb0wbg.jpg

20160729_062038_zpsxna3t9fo.jpg

Miigwich!

This is my bud payne that came out with me on part two. Hes an awesome(not so little kid) in fact he towers over me at the age of 16 ???

Hes a great angler and a joy to fish with?

He caught some bass on tubes and a lil walleye on a mepps spinner I believe?

20160729_184705_zpswhz4in9o.jpg

20160729_191753_zpss7htctmx.jpg

20160729_195738_zpsld7pqvif.jpg

20160729_201106_zpsilo4c6ej.jpg

His dad has seizuers and cant get out often, which is a shame.

So payne has fished and hunted with me for about 7 years now. He loves the outdoors and basketball! Great kid and I see a bright future for him?

Edited by manitoubass2

Like the big brothers association. Good to hear you're showing him the great outdoors. The smile on Payne's face tells us he is having a good time. Sure beats hanging out on the street corners or even worse - sitting in front of a PC monitor for hours on end! Once again your pix are great.

Like the big brothers association. Good to hear you're showing him the great outdoors. The smile on Payne's face tells us he is having a good time. Sure beats hanging out on the street corners or even worse - sitting in front of a PC monitor for hours on end! Once again your pix are great.

Thanks man! You seen it when we were here. Remember lil brennan caught that bass off the dock first day you were here and I went and gave him a high 5 and took a pic for him???

All these lil kiddos on RRFN have fished with me, some lots, some just once in awhile.

Were back down today just getting rods set up. Shes mighty hot(+35) so im hoping for some top water action!

Will report soon!

Glad you like the pics bud!!!

Oh and back to Payne, hes a bow hunter!!! I think thats wicked at his age

Edited by manitoubass2

• 2 weeks later...

Storm just missed us as we headed out.

Just me and my daughter(later to be joined by my not so lil friend of 16 years of age)

Bought tubes. Never, ever used them for bass. Only white tubes for lakers...

Well low and behold lol. Withing an hour we landed about 16 bass. Missed a few as well.

But she was a beauty day out there!

20160813_163148_zps8lyqlz8v.jpg

20160813_163315_zpsqzkdbwop.jpg

20160813_164816_zpsymocyo8d.jpg

20160813_163916_zpsf2rqgxyk.jpg

20160813_163908_zps4mbxswam.jpg

20160813_165203_zps9jqzcyze.jpg

20160813_182118_zpsnkjbkbzg.jpg

20160813_183728_zps13vnjzs8.jpg

Very nice pics young feller. I like the last pic of the sunrise, the way the light has soaked into the rocks.

Your little girl looks like a living doll, thank God she has your wife's features.

There is a pond close by that was a quarry. I knew the guy that owned it and he let me fish there when he owned the place. He had been stocking it for 30 years. I took some big fish out of there and my favorite time of day was dawn. Nothing like a cool summers morning watching the sunrise nice hot coffee in hand, screw the fishing. I took a 23" Largemouth out of there on a crankbait. The fish was long but was only 3" wide. It must have been old but it did hit that bait hard. The first and last Crappie I caught there was a good 14" long. I have never seen one before and since. I miss the place. I got chased off by the new owner about 7 years ago. Tried my best to be very nice to the guy but he was a complete jerk off. I was even polite, he told me the same thing 20 times and every time he got louder and louder. I finally told him to stick his pond up his arse you big goof. If you are called a goof in Hamilton the gloves come off tout suite. You want to talk to me like that I can be a jerk too, but even bigger. Country bumpkin goof. I guess someone told him who "I used to be" and he tried to apologize in town once. I accepted it but he's still a goof because he didn't say "sorry come fishing."