Cabella's GRRRRR

Dara

Sorry Dara, but I need to find out the secret to this? I might need to exchange a pair in 5-7 years.

Tell us your secret, or how to smooth them into replacing please.

Up until the last year or so, cabelas had an extremely liberal replacement warranty on their waders. I know of guys who have replaced them after years of use. I currently own a pair of LL bean waders with a lifetime warranty as a backup pair. Bean is amazing with honouring their warranty. I've heard that cabelas has now gotten extremely tight with their warranties. Probably due to abuse.

Sorry Dara, but I need to find out the secret to this? I might need to exchange a pair in 5-7 years.

I already told you, I can't help if you don't believe me..............being very calm and nice does help though and they had the Cabela's name on them.

First off I'm siding with Cabelas... They are sticking to their warranty plan

Ive had it one time where my GPS was acting up within cabelas warranty but I needed it to finish out my season... They made a note to my file and said send it in whenever your season is finished...

Electronics have different warranties and should be understood by the buyer.... Also this is why I never buy new electronics out of season...

It really sounds like the research wasn't done on this purchase...

It's a lousy situation for you Dara not getting what you thought you were when spending that kind of money... Hope if works out

Its not a warranty policy Mike, its a return policy.

90 days for regular merchandise, 60 for electronics.

When I first called them they said I was within the 90 days and to send it back.

Half hour later I got a return call saying, woops, you can't return it, we made a mistake, its only 60 days.

I think that policy could have easily been adjusted given the initial circumstances, but, whatever.

Its kinda like Harper and his minimum sentences everybody is so happy about

Yes, you made a mistake and this isn't how the policy was intended, but there is a minimum by law, so, off to jail

Actually Cabela's policy on electronics is only 60 days......it clearly stated in their return policy page......

* Note that our 90-day return policy does not apply to the following items:

Firearms: all sales are FINAL. Once purchased, firearms become the property of the owner. Please examine and test your firearm within the first 30 days of receiving it. Within this first 30 days if the firearm is defective we will exchange it. After 30 days we will assist you in returning the item to the manufacturer for warranty determination and/or repair. Please retain the box in case a return is required. Abuse, incorrect use or subjecting the firearm to extreme conditions may invalidate the warranty. Please call 1.800.265.6245 to discuss firearm issues prior to any return.

Ammunition, Gun Powders and Primers may not be returned due to safety considerations.

National Brand Optics, Electronics and Gasoline Engine-Powered Items may be returned within 60 days of purchase with the original sales receipt. The item must be returned in its original packaging and with all accompanying manuals and accessories. After 60 days these items must be returned to the manufacturer.

• Optics include: Binoculars, Scopes, Spotting Scopes, Range Finders, Sights and Sunglasses.
  • Electronics include: GPS, Sonar, Cameras, Radios, DVDs, Metal Detectors, Watches, Electronic Collars, Digital Compasses, Personal Locator Beacons and Electronic Trolling Motors.
  • Gasoline Engine-Powered Items include: Generators, Ice Augers, Chain Saws, Mowers and Log Splitters.

Outboard Motors may not be returned. If repairs are needed the item should be returned to the manufacturer or an authorized service center.

Computer Software, Video Games, Books, Videos & DVDs may not be returned if the original factory packaging has been opened.

Airsoft Guns are covered by a 30-day replacement warranty. No other warranty or service is available on these products.

Underwear, Lingerie, Swimsuits and Base Layers may not be returned due to health considerations.

Other restrictions may apply. Visit your local retail store or call 1.800.265.6245 for additional information. Cabela’s Canada reserves the right to limit or decline returns and exchanges.

For items damaged in shipment, please call Customer Care at 1.800.265.6245 or email [email protected] before returning. Some products we sell are covered by a manufacturer's warranty that requires items to be sent directly to the manufacturer for replacement or repair.

For information on how to proceed with a return or exchange please click here to review our Return Policy instructions.

Edited by Mister G

Cabela's Policy on items with their name on it........

Cabela’s Brand clothing and footwear is guaranteed against defects in workmanship for the lifetime of the product under normal wear and tear.

Does Cabellas brand underwear...I'm gonna buy some and send em back for a refund after about 60 days

I will only return my underware after 6 years. I have to hide my 5 year old pair from my wife or she will chuck them. The other pair is almost brand new, 4 yrs old.

Edited by Old Ironmaker