Ok, please forgive me, I know I'm old but!

Big Cliff

Were you afraid of the government coming and taking everything from you when you were younger? If not, what has changed? Is it because you don't like these new whippersnapper politicians and their ideas on things you don't understand? I honestly want to know, because I'm leaning towards agreeing with ehg here.

I can only imagine what it must be like to be someone your age, considering how much technology and society has changed in the past 60+ years. My best frame of reference for what things were like in the 50's and 60's are shows like Mad Men and stories about the Korean War and Vietnam War. I'm amazed at how much technology has evolved even in my lifetime and I'm only 30. I'm probably the last generation (in Canada anyway) who will remember rotary phones (or even home phones for that matter) instead of relying solely on cell phones, recording shows on VHS instead of PVR, going to the library to look something up instead of looking up google on my cell phone, having to subsist with 3 channels on TV and not 1,000 (none of which are showing anything worthwhile watching) or having to call or visit friends instead of just texting them. The next generation isn't going to know a world without the internet, and if all my friends are consistent, never going to know a world where no one sees their baby pictures because they've been plastered all over Facebook. I don't even know where my baby pictures are! And to think how the world must have changed since when you were a kid.

I was doing some math the other day because my grandfather is turning 75 this year. That means he was 45 when I was born. No one has children that young anymore, let alone grandchildren (at least on purpose, as far as I know).

When you look back on your frame of reference as to how fast you perceive time to travel as you age, and considering technology evolves at an exponential rate, I can't blame old-timers for being afraid of change. But I'm almost 100% certain that no one is coming to take your things, no matter how weird or backwards it seems to have a female lesbian premier, and some young buck PM who wants to legalize marijuana and all other sorts of weird and progressive things.

Just ride the wave and enjoy life. You're too old to be stressed about stuff.

I just watched our PM on the news trying to speak in the house, he can't even string a sentence together ah, well, like, ah..... I, ah, well, um, ......embarrising!

Just like every other politician on the face on the earth, that has to walk on eggshells Everytime they open their mouth. You do realize that, right?

Also, do you really think the Ontario liberals are reforming election spending laws to monopolize their leadership? Give me a break. If anything, it will mean unions like the one I belong to will be further restricted as to how they can spend on campaign ads, and how many corporate donations a party can accept during a campaign. Does that really sound unfair to you?

Well from what I see, we may not be the ones taken but the next generation will be. I will be 56 soon. I have watched the Libs close down the only coal plant that stayed on during the last big power out. Now if were to happen again there will be no power. I hope they have all the bugs fixed.

I have seen them install smart meters with out our consent and have seen houses burn down because of them.

I seen them waste BILLIONS shutting down a gas plant build just to save some seats in the Mississauga riding.

I see this year a 4 % increase on basic rates. Sure wish my wages went up by 4 %

http://www.ontario-hydro.com/

Hell they had to get the money from somewhere to pay off the teachers union.

My wife and I use our power according to the peak time chart they sent everyone (by the way it changed this month, but I will get back to that.) so my wife and I save money by using the hydro the way the gov wants us to and what happens? They are not making enough of a profit. They are not losing money. Their profits are down so they cannot write themselves their big performance bonuses.

Hell also they had to get the money from somewhere to pay off the teachers union.

If you haven't received your new time of use notices in the mail you can go online. They extended the peak times.

I am glad I am moving into a new high efficiency house soon. I pray my hydro bills go down.

Good luck to everyone

I don't think she's on fishing forums, so why don't you guys actually fukn do something instead of whining here?

Good call Chris..... It's enough to make a comment or two...but threads that go on with 15+ pages of whining, complaining folk, just gets old after a while.

And Cliff, the "old" comment wasn't pertaining to you one bit young fella!

Just like every other politician on the face on the earth, that has to walk on eggshells Everytime they open their mouth. You do realize that, right?

Also, do you really think the Ontario liberals are reforming election spending laws to monopolize their leadership? Give me a break. If anything, it will mean unions like the one I belong to will be further restricted as to how they can spend on campaign ads, and how many corporate donations a party can accept during a campaign. Does that really sound unfair to you?

I think the point the people doing fishing reports here are saying is they are tired of these political diatribes about burning like a witch liberal lesbian premiers for fun. Like one poster above said these 15 page laugh fests are getting old. Read the replies great fishermen are getting tired of this stuff. No matter who is in power you will pay taxes...

but at 15 pages people are interested one way or the other

Ya, it's too bad your posts with Misfish don't get the same attention. I remember 15 yrs. back you guys carried the board with fish reports. At least you still try but the reports get buried fast now

I dont mind NF threads.

Shows alot about the members opinions and such, and I always pick up and learn a thing or 8?

But yes, people, myself included, lets get the fishing reports going!!!!

And comment on peoples reports so they actually keep taking the time to enjoy posting them!

I dont care if I or anyone gets skunked. Post a report! Some nature pics or funny stories/mishaps etc!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

Edited by manitoubass2

I dont mind NF threads.

Shows alot about the members opinions and such, and I always pick up and learn a thing or 8

But yes, people, myself included, lets get the fishing reports going!!!!

And comment on peoples reports so they actually keep taking the time to enjoy posting them!

I dont care if I or anyone gets skunked. Post a report! Some nature pics or funny stories/mishaps etc!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

I'm gunna tayke mi bote out on tha lake this weakend, hey!!!

Mebbe eye'll caitch a feesh so's I kin post a reeport fer y'all!!! :whistling:

Those changes are not perfect. But I think they are an improvement.

Definitely!!! As a member of Unifor, I wasn't pleased to see them spending millions on prime time ads endorsing ANY political party, let alone Wynne's liberals, so I'm happy to see that crap get regulated a bit.