RIP Phife Dawg - the unofficial, official hip hop thread

AKRISONER

yessssss another can ox fan

Cold vien is still my #1 fave hip-hop album of all time.

i saw can ox in the fall...they were a bit tattered and look like they are struggling a bit, but it was mad nostalgic. I saw them in a crowd of about 50 people and stood against the stage. Every single person in the joint knew every single word.

When they did raspberry fields bascially it was just everyone rapping with them. Cool experience.

yessssss another can ox fan

Cold vien is still my #1 fave hip-hop album of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4uPGCdUEsA

i saw can ox in the fall...they were a bit tattered and look like they are struggling a bit, but it was mad nostalgic. I saw them in a crowd of about 50 people and stood against the stage. Every single person in the joint knew every single word.

When they did raspberry fields bascially it was just everyone rapping with them. Cool experience.

Awesome!

Man def. Jux really killed it. So much good stuff out of that camp

The Cold Vein is insane. Been in steady rotation for almost 10 years for me.

The Roots...most consistent hip-hop group ever? Can't think of anyone even close, unless we're including consistently bad groups like Bone Thugs or Three 6 lol

Id say heiroglyphics is in that discussion for sure

One thing I love about the roots is that they dont just rely on a dj or producers. They can all play instruments very well. They not only kill it they are very skilled

The Cold Vein is insane. Been in steady rotation for almost 10 years for me.

The Roots...most consistent hip-hop group ever? Can't think of anyone even close, unless we're including consistently bad groups like Bone Thugs or Three 6 lol

hate on 36 all you want, but i can tell you right now that 90% of rappers in the game owe their careers to these guys...they have their place its just not a sound thats for everyone.

A lot of people didnt like Outkast either...now you realize how significant they are.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU GUYS HAVE LISTENED TO SECTION 80?????

hate on 36 all you want, but i can tell you right now that 90% of rappers in the game owe their careers to these guys...they have their place its just not a sound thats for everyone.

A lot of people didnt like Outkast either...now you realize how significant they are.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU GUYS HAVE LISTENED TO SECTION 80?????

Yes I love Section 80, and I understand Three 6's influence and their early stuff is really good, but the vast majority of their catalogue is wack lol

Yes I love Section 80, and I understand Three 6's influence and their early stuff is really good, but the vast majority of their catalogue is wack lol

Gawd id never listen to anything from 3 6 mafia, nothing from no limit soldiers etc

Anyone that raps/sings about purple drank and crap like that is the worst. I just seen a video with that crap in it and grown men are drinkin it in baby bottles???

What the frig man

Dood im so out of the loop its not even funny.

Talk about out of the loop Rick. I didn't recognize but a few names at the Grammy's anymore. The only Rappers I remember are The Sugarland something, "Rappers Delight" and of course Blondie. Does she count? I think her Rap on that song was one of the first recorded. I really do like some of the stuff. My favorites are not gang related. I can't connect with it. The Reggae based Rap from Jamaican bands gets me moving, slow but moving. "Booliaca, bang bang, when I see a pretty woman walkin' down the street Mon booliaca booliaca bang bang". Not bad for someone collecting CPP and has a Handicap placard.

ahahahhaa yessssss great comments iron

the whole blondie thing was that she was hanging out with some new york cats that were in the midst of creating hip hop so she went out and recorded it and brought it to the mainstream.

Iron you gotta know Run DMC right? I mean they were jamming with Aerosmith

I'm not a skid by any means. I listen to all kinds of music, play all kinds, and sing all kinds. Just no hip hop or rap....same stuff to me. No offense, listen to what you like, I don't judge.

S.

I'm not a skid by any means. I listen to all kinds of music, play all kinds, and sing all kinds. Just no hip hop or rap....same stuff to me. No offense, listen to what you like, I don't judge.

S.

Same here bud!

I wasnt judging, just taking a crack atcha?

I rocked Ministry hard in my youth. Perhaps Ill relisten tonight, its been along time

Edited by manitoubass2