For those who prefer to shop "local" Save the tax

fishdawg

Can't beat Grimsby tackle, Bill's Bait and Tackle, and Fishing World in Hamilton

Pleases support the local Mom and Pop stores rather than the big corporate stores like the American based Bass Pro and Cabellas etc. I bet they will meet the corporate stores prices if given the opportunity.

I have got some great deals at Sail, including price match bargains. I just make sure to do all my research first so I don't have any questions when I'm there.

They do have some goods deals and I'm all for a deal. As far as my earlier comment, it was 100% tongue in cheek. They're just people making an honest living and I can think of worse places to work. If I forget, I'll just read my resume.

Grimsby tackle is awesome! Very knowledgeable staff. I was shopping some tackle items at BPS. 2 days later went to Grimsby Tackle. He is what I found. Dipseys size 1 BPS $22.00, Grimsby $17.00, Humminbird Helix at BPS $600.00, Grimsby $500.00. Buffs BPS $28.00, Grimsby $17.00. I've asked my family members NOT to purchase gift cards for me from BPS. I'll support the smaller shops!

Grimsby tackle is awesome! Very knowledgeable staff. I was shopping some tackle items at BPS. 2 days later went to Grimsby Tackle. He is what I found. Dipseys size 1 BPS $22.00, Grimsby $17.00, Humminbird Helix at BPS $600.00, Grimsby $500.00. Buffs BPS $28.00, Grimsby $17.00. I've asked my family members NOT to purchase gift cards for me from BPS. I'll support the smaller shops!

That does not surprise me. Big Box charges what they can, not what they should. What is their markup given their buying power and they charge more that Grimsby Tackle??

That does not surprise me. Big Box charges what they can, not what they should. What is their markup given their buying power and they charge more that Grimsby Tackle??

I'm all for supporting the little guys, but in fairness big box stores do have higher overhead.

I'm all for supporting the little guys, but in fairness big box stores do have higher overhead.

True, but it's their volume that covers their overhead. If it wasn't, they wouldn't build 300,000+ sqft stores, carry that inventory and hire accordingly. They sell some product cheaper than small stores can buy it. I know, I've seen it. But hey, that's ok, it's business and if I had a store that big, I'd want to have my inventory turns as high as possible too.