My new ( to me ) Ride

Dondorfish

22_foot_Islander_006.JPGWell after humming and hawing and looking around, I finally broke down and gave in to temptation.

For at least 20 years I have wanted to get an Islander and I figured now was as good a time as any - so with some help from my buddy skeeter, we were off to Ottawa on Saturday to water test the boat and tow it back to Peterborough. It will stay docked in Peterborough for the rest of the summer and then be taken down to Quinte for the fall fishing .

I had posted requesting info on the Islander and got lots of good reviews - so I figured what the heck!

Only down side to the new boat is that my wife is making me sell the Tracker! ( It will be posted soon in the clasified section ) - I was hoping to keep it here in Niagara to fish during the week, but she had other plans! I will definately be sad to see it sold - been a great boat, but I really wanted something bigger.

As far as towing - My Rav 4 ( 270 hp ) handled the job with flying colours - as my buddy skeeter will atest to.

The boats name is " Playin Hookey " . Drop by and say hello if you see me out there!

Don

Nice ride Don I am looking forward to being a stowaway when you go to Quinte .Heater roof no wind I am just going to leave my tinny at home in November.Oh sorry I was just running away with myself .I 'll tough it out in my tiller boat :whistling:

Enjoy Don bigger boat means bigger fish right????????

MTP :clapping:

Don that is one nice boat.You could be out on Qunte when others are shore bound due to weather,Heck you will even save money on a motel room.If you need a first mate in the fall let me know.Best of luck with your new ride.Dan

Nice boat. Should be very comfortable and the saving on accommodations will more than cover the fuel costs as I think you may be using a little more with this boat. Be nice to fish from in damp weather.

As said, be careful pulling it with a Rav4, it might seem like the tail is wagging the dog if you catch an unexpected wind gust the wrong way.

Thanks alot guys - and Mike ( the Pike ) - I told you before to let me know anytime you want to head out! And Dan ( Percher ) - goes for you to!

Hope to have the boat in Quinte for Thanksgiving weekend. Anyone reccomend a marina in the Picton area that will rent a slip for Oct - Dec ( weather permitting of coarse )

Don

Well Mike - there aren't many salmon in the Kawarthas! But I will be bringing the Tracker back home to Niagara " to sell ", as the wife requested - so I am hoping to get out into Lake Ontario and Lake Erie during the weeks ahead. I will report my trips.

Don