Delineation of Lake Scugog Boundaries

GBW

That would be correct.

Yeah, the person whom sent me the PDF today did say (just now via text) that you can fish the rivers for walleye in the summer on the other sides of said boundaries. And he's been working with the MNR on this for the past 3 straight years.

the boundaries for the rivers to the closed walleye area's have been set for the lake, see attached.

so my guess is that you might be able to fish the rivers for them provided the river isn't a sanctuary?

Are you able to cite a source or provide a reference to an official copy of these boundaries? An attachment to a posting on a fishing forum, while appreciated and useful, isn't going to be considered a supporting legal document although I am not a lawyer.

Are you able to cite a source or provide a reference to an official copy of these boundaries? An attachment to a posting on a fishing forum, while appreciated and useful, isn't going to be considered a supporting legal document although I am not a lawyer.

The file was sent to me from a person on the board with the MRN. He just got it yesterday and it should be on the site in a few days in the "info on lake scugog" area

Yeah, doesn't make any sense to me at all. Whats the point of closing the lake if you can fish them in the rivers where they spawn? Typical MNR Bull. Such a joke.

S.

As far as I know, you can't fish the rivers when they are spawning anyways. The season isn't open yet, and there are sanctuaries.

I do agree there room for trouble if you keep a fish from the river and are later checked by a CO.

If it were me, I would take a picture when I catch it (with the river in the background and EXIF GPS data enabled), just to be safe.

Edited by Dutch01

As far as I know, you can't fish the rivers when they are spawning anyways. The season isn't open yet, and there are sanctuaries.

I do agree there room for trouble if you keep a fish from the river and are later checked by a CO.

If it were me, I would take a picture when I catch it (with the river in the background and EXIF GPS data enabled), just to be safe.

was going to say this as well, say you fish the river early morning for walleye, then move to lake for bass, and get checked in the lake?

• 1 year later...

The 2017 regulations are more explicit on what areas are included in the "Closed All Year" walleye closure. The regulations now state "Lake Scugog, including waters south of Highway 7A, Blackstock Creek, Nonquon River; as well as the Scugog River to the Trent Severn Dam in Lindsay, Mariposa Brook and East Cross Creek."