Went back to Florida and got rewarded big time

PBenson

My parents rented a place for the winter and I found a $100 round trip flight, so 2 weeks after leaving Florida I was back!

We started out by going to the marina to catch bait fish. For some reason they weren't biting, but a charter boat came in and gave us two grouper carcasses and a kingfish carcass after fileting them. We had big baits! Went out that night and had one run but I set the hook too soon, not factoring that big baits means you have to give the shark the time to eat it.

The next night we went out. I had a run right at sunset and lost it just 50 yards out. I was very upset now being 0/2 but put another bait out. An hour later the reel went off, a long, slow, but steady click. Could it be a winter Bull shark?!? I set the hook and we were on. A half hour later I landed the biggest shark of my life. A 8' 250lb bull. Amazing. The video is here:

On our last night we had 3 runs. The first dropped it. The second straight "freight trained" my brother eventually breaking him off, I think it was another bull or even a tiger. The third we landed and it was a nice Sandbar shark. Overall amazing weekend!

Awesome video! Id love to try that one day. I think any flight under $300 is quite cheap. Sometime spirit has super cheap deals out of Buffalo and many inexpensive hotels have deals with parking. Driving home afterwards sucks though, we did it once and saved a bundle on a vacation to Jamaica.

This beach shark fishing blurb showed up in my facebook feed this morning.

Although not Florida it is really awesome!!!! :D

http://www.theonlinefisherman.com/reel-news1/two-mega-sharks-caught-and-released

Yeah man those pictures have basically gone viral... Crazy how big they are. Those things will put the biggest reels money can buy to the test.