Quinte hut rental recommendations

Acountdeleted

Hey everyone,

It occurred to myself and Brain (Dyanmic_Bear) that in 3 years of ice fishing, we have never once hit up Quinte. From all I have heard about the potential walleye that come out of there, I figure its a good year to try it out. As I know very little about the area, I figure the best way to start is to hit up a good hut operator that can put us on some fish.

You guys know me, comfort and price take a back seat to the likelyhood of hooking into a couple of beauties. Any recommendations on which hut operators have the best success in terms of being put on fish?

I fish quinte a fair bit, but I dont know of any hut operators there. At least I dont see any in the locations I fish.....where the fish are.....first ice is the key, and start fishing in the dark, and stay til dark. I catch them at all times of day, but dusk/dawn are definitley the witching hours.

Its not too hard to figure out on your own. Just get out there and jig your arm off all day and you will get fish.

If you want any more specific info, pm me.

S.

I heard the ice blew out of quinte on the weekend. I was planning on going there this weekend, but looks like I'll be playing it by ear. Once I get out there a time or two, I can help ya with what I know. For now though, quinte is a no go.

S.

I jig with both hands on Quinte. Set lines have never worked for me.

The last time in these hut we had a strong daylight bite on bottom and then messed with dinky perch until about 2;30 when a school of fish 5 feet down went threw. It was crazy for about 20 minutes.

do you have your own gear? If so you'll be alright without going with an operator. I know a guy that I could intro you that stays at quinte for the entire hardwater season. He takes people out all the time and does it for free. Nicest guy you'll ever meet. Pray for quinte to ice up good and send me a PM on when you're interested in going.