Last two fish of the year

PBenson

So today was pretty bittersweet. We took the boat out of the water which means two things:

1. Im done musky fishing until next June

2. I'll be in Florida shark fishing this time next week

While this year I caught more fish than I ever imagined I would, I have to consider it a failure. My musky fishing goal was a 50" fish and I fell short. Oh well, I had a ton of fun trying and learned a lot. I'll be back at it next June.

Here's a video of out last two fish of the year, 48" and 42".

Tight lines!

you are in waters where there arguably more 50s than any other body of water, fish waters with big fish and you up your chances dramatically, I know of no waters that would hold more 50s than LSC right now, and because of the VHS that happened a few years back, you now have the big girths to match those lengths, which was once thought of as a trolling bite, is now open to all techniques, as fishermen like you get dialed into to patterns and locations, next year your 50 will come and in multiples, warm up on the Sharks

If this is your first year fishing musky then that is a ridiculous statement. You are doing fine.

I have been musky fishing hardcore for 10 years. 5 years on St Clair. Strictly casting. Have lots of high 40's and only one over 50. My friend who fishes way less than me and only with me has three over 50. They will come. Size of fish is luck. Putting fish in the boat regularly is skill. You will have lots of hot streaks and some real bad ones and some serious heartbreaks (I lost a mammoth fish last summer:). It's both torturous and fun. Keep putting fish in the boat and the 50's will come.