Spraying a float suit

mike rousseau

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/gear-aid-revivex-instant-waterproofing-5-oz-0764481p.html#.Vkns0SsYM8I

I have used this spray several times on tent seams and have only very excellent things to say about the product. I know there are other type products like this (by Woods ) at CT that suggest use on snowsuits. I would not hesitate to use these on your suit !!!!!!!

Just spray it on and let dry ...but you may need a few bottles of this to fully do a suit.

ROOK

If you're referring to the Rustoleum NEVER WET product I used it on a pair of hunting pants a few years ago as an experiment.

The pants were still waterproof but the outer fabric would get wet and then get really heavy. After spraying with the 2 part aerosol, the finish on the pants changed to be ever so tacky to touch but boy did they ever shed the water. Still use the pants the odd time and they are holding fast with the water dancing off the fabric.

Maybe worth the try. Home Depot sells it too.

Get some Nikwax and spray the suit yourself. I do this to my wading jackets probably once a year or so in order to get the water to bead again.

I seen this post and tried to remember what I used on my jacket. I didnt buy it,but a bud had some. Thats the stuff Bill said. Works good. Which reminds me. I need to get some.

I dont think floater suits are to be dry cleaned.

Well I spayed my floater suit with the woods brand spray for polyester...

And I sprayed my boat cover with the same product but for canvas...

After 24hr dry time I gave em both a spray with the hose and the water beaded right off...

Don't know how long it will last but for $15 for a can I think it was worth it...

Edited by Mike Rousseau

I know alot of folks cant afford them but the float suits we use for fire and rescue are unreal good.

Im not sure but I think our fire chief said around $2000 a suit? But they are awesome and im sure would last a lifetime

Hopefully your suit holds up mike thats a pretty good quick fix for 15 bucks