Was it a cougar near Peterboro ?

lew

Okay, found video of Eastern Cougar in New Brunswick.

At least someone had their smartphone video. Been about a decade of smartphones.

Seriously , that is a housecat and a smallish one at that , looking at it in relation to the vegetation around it.

Seriously , that is a housecat and a smallish one at that , looking at it in relation to the vegetation around it.

Ya i know made a copying mistake.HaHa

They are way out west....not many there either(1,000) but lots of videos, people whip out their smartphones faster out west.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeWM1eiWil4

Ive seen four including the dead cat.

And I can honestly say good luck to anyone trying to get a pick in the bush. They are so fast youde never have time to bust out a camera.

Bush is just too thick here In NW ontario

Maybe in a mountaines region and a long lense but here its just not gonna happen.

Where did you see one sinker?

And im with ya, i seen them so i know. I dont care much if anyone believes me

The first one I saw was at Lingham lake. Pretty isolated for southern ON. The second one was about 15km from where this one was spotted. I live about 4km as the crow flies from this one, so it could have easily been the same cat.

Once you see that tail, there is no second guessing.....and yeah, gone like a ghost. No way your getting a photo.

S.

Lol....Like just how many cougars are out there ?

A handful,Hundreds,Thousands ?

Yet no pics ?

Dead ones and still no photos taken, I'm sure the skeleton is still there!! RIGHT ???

I would have loved to take photos, but like I said, no cell phone(this was roughly 14 years ago we had a dead one on the weigh scale), and AGAIN, good luck. If national geographic photographers came( or other pros) they would find them zero doubt in my mind.

Last thing I think of heading 90 km up cedar narrows road is "i better have a camera ready to see an animal that jumps clearly across the road in one bound to photograph it"

Juveniles seems to be the easiest to catch with their curiousity.

Full grown good luck.

If you have deer in the area and other small game, im willing to bet cougars have been or are in the area.

Heck im sure many here have walked right past them.

A handful,Hundreds,Thousands ?

Yet no pics ?

Dead ones and still no photos taken, I'm sure the skeleton is still there!! RIGHT ???

Last confirmed cougar in Ontario was Creemore in 1897.

Watched all the youtube/smartphone videos and the western mountain lions aren't in any hurry to bolt.

They seem to relaxed almost stalking, not taking off scared. They are apex predator.

Need pics/video please in this smartphone world.

Last confirmed cougar in Ontario was Creemore in 1897.

Watched all the youtube/smartphone videos and the western mountain lions aren't in any hurry to bolt.

They seem to relaxed almost stalking, not taking off scared. They are apex predator.

Need pics/video please in this smartphone world.

In the west the landscape is totally different and theyvebeen there for who knows how long?

Im assuming these factors make a difference, it is logical.

Since i have the time, i decided to research this cougar stuff a bit.

Seems possible that one or two male mountain lions have made it across the prairies looking for females.

And yes Manitoubass2 your area would be first safe area to hide in, if they made 1000 mile journey across gun infested American hunters etc...

There could be a couple of male lions, not many.

Very interesting, scholarly Phd written article suggesting one or two (not many) even crossed through eastern Ontario.

Well worth a read if interested. Need to read whole article.

Again a couple maybe made the traffic, gun infested guantlet.

http://www.mountainlion.org/featurearticleeastwardho.asp