Almost 60 hours in the past 3 weeks, but we finally took the stink

irishfield

Had a keeper in the boat today !!! Water is still 40.7F in the main Sound.

Not sure how many guys here have a wife that would be wanting to go Muskie fishing in December, but I think I'm a pretty fortunate lad!

My wife is honestly my favorite person to have with me in the boat fishing.

Nice little update post there.

• 2 weeks later...

Pushed the boat back into it's winter resting spot today and prepared to block the trailer in the air and clean out the boat. It dawned on me that my usual routine is to winterize the live wells and power washer pump, change the oils etc in both engines when I bring the boat home from Temagami in late September and then Musky fish a few times in the Fall before putting her away to splash the fresh oils around. Of course I did that in October 2014 and then the boat never moved until this Falls Musky hunt. I popped the cowling to read what the engine time was last round ( I write in sharpie on the side of the case) to find that we put 96 hours on the Verado this fall trolling for 'skis, so instead of blocking I decided it best to do the old $140 oil / filter change so she's ready for Spring. Guess I'll block it tomorrow..

Edited by irishfield

to find that we put 96 hours on the Verado this fall trolling for 'skis,

Maybe time to set up a new trolling plan for next year Wayne, lotsa fun being out there in the fall but 96 hours of solid fishing and only one small fish for your efforts sounds like your fishing some pretty unproductive waters.

The path has served Andy (and myself) pretty well over the years and we stick to pretty much the same humps and bumps, although we also tried a lot of new water this year due to wind direction and me going against the "captains" directions. Lots of other boats out there from time to time, never saw a net come out on any of them. Water is still 41 degrees in the Sound. Maybe we are chasing the urban myth...

The path has served Andy (and myself) pretty well over the years and we stick to pretty much the same humps and bumps, although we also tried a lot of new water this year due to wind direction and me going against the "captains" directions. Lots of other boats out there from time to time, never saw a net come out on any of them. Water is still 41 degrees in the Sound. Maybe we are chasing the urban myth...

:good:

One of these days you'll get your reward and it'll all be worthwhile.

If there is anyone that deserves a reward it's Wayne and it will come.

Just spending that much time on the water is probably something he needed. Wayne spent some quality time on the water with good people, so not all was lost.