How to keep crap off vehicle

mr blizzard

Wife's truck is black but everyday she gets home from work roof is plastered with raven and seagull s--t She works at the landfill site in town. It's etching onto the paint now

As much as shooting them would be nice only more would come and I am sure her boss would have issues lol

A guy told me putting a plastic owl with a magnet might work a tarp would crack up in winter

A bunch of the boys asked for a tin clad carport of sorts to be built but that didn't fly no pun intended

Wax will work but for a limited time. Bird shi!t is really acidic so it will burn through the best wax in no time. Its great for the person who is proactive with removing the debris but if you're stuck in the office all day it may be too late.

With that being said, I would recommend a car cover. They are washable and after a bit of practice, take only a minute to install. I picked on up off of ebay for less than 100 bucks. Came from PQ so no tax either..

thx everyone, covers are great in summer but I have had block heater cords snap at minus 45, we sold our zero ice fishing hut for same reason, I wish we had reasonable body shops up here that would charge a civil rate for painting but this is the north, ouch''''', I told a guy up here what mayco charged 5 years ago in Barrie to paint our truck cap,,,,a Leer cap, he just laughed until I showed him the receipt, we have only 2 shops up here, that r proper, sort of, they both want to retire at45 with their millions and yes getting it off sooner than later is best but she cant get out to spray it off that often

While the owl seems to be a good idea they do not work at the marina so I expect the owl and the car would have the same result. We use a propane cannon at the orchards that keep the birds from the grapes but again the cost and noise are not good in this case as well. It looks like some type of exterior cover is going to be the best answer.

Art

Thx Aplumma I suppose a cover is the way to go

Honestly it looks like a gallon of paint has been poured on it and that's daily. They have to park right beside the bailing facility I can just see the look on her face now as she pulls the tarp off ? lol

Would you be allowed to put up one of those portable canopies/carport?

Crappy tire has one for $230.00.

Carport.png

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/shelterlogic-10x20-ft-canopy-1-3-8-in-8-leg-frame-white-c-0372150p.html#.VhfQSvlVhBc

Princess Auto has a 10X10X8 portable shelter for $112.00

Princess.jpg

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/10-x-10-x-8-ft-portable-shelter/A-p8193658e

Dan.

Dan D and Klinker, thanks for the advice, the site manager and the two foreman park beside the new office of theirs which is a good distance from the bailing facility and they only have outside outlets to plug in their own vehicles during winter, the rest have to still park up by the bombing zone where they have hydro for their vehicles, but I will get my wife to run the shelter idea by them, u can be sure the other city workers downtown would have their noses out of joint if it were to happen to them lol

thx again for the advice and suggestions

John