Senior's Licenses

John Bacon

I saw this posted on FaceBook. I didn't see a link to an actual MNR site

'The OMNR has decided "not to introduce a discounted Seniors Fishing Licence at this time. Seniors will continue to be able to fish without a licence." Good news for legacy fishing. Grandparents teaching their grandchildren how to fish. Great news for the quality of life for our seniors in this province as fishing is good for both their physical and mental health.'

I saw this posted on FaceBook. I didn't see a link to an actual MNR site

'The OMNR has decided "not to introduce a discounted Seniors Fishing Licence at this time. Seniors will continue to be able to fish without a licence." Good news for legacy fishing. Grandparents teaching their grandchildren how to fish. Great news for the quality of life for our seniors in this province as fishing is good for both their physical and mental health.'

Love this John,somethings are just meant to be left alone !

I always try to obey the law but this was one that really bothered me, I had already made up my mind that if they pulled this I would not comply!

I watch as Harper promisses billions of dollars to help our automotive industry and farmers because of this new free trade agreement but our government (noted provincial in this case) want to buff up their coffers by the few bucks they would collect by adding more taxes on seniors? Oh, and yes it is another tax by a different name.

As a side note; MNR never did respond to my call about the guy running around in his boat shooting at ducks right in front of our house even though I gave them my name, phone number, and told them I had photographs of it. Guess they need more funding!

We already pay 58.333% of our income in taxes every year now much more can we give and still survive?

I am glad I can still pick up my fishing rod and sit on my dock and catch a few fish without being a criminal, it's one of the few pleasures I still have and can afford.

Edited by Big Cliff