Ram recall, anyone else get one? 2012-2014

misfish

Got mine today. Seem they will reroute the harness in the steering coloum so there is no chaffing to the wires. Since it,s going to be in, I might as well have a bumper to bumper warranty check over. One year gone past. Also had a glitch with the radio. Sound but channels wouldnt change and there was no lighting. I want to put a cd player in it anyways.

MAYBE I CAN WORK OUT A DEAL. :whistling:

Edited by Brian B

I got the notice and contacted dealer for appointment. Notice says just a software reprogram? Booked to take mine in on Wednesday. Notice also said I owned a Charger????? Mine is a 2014 and no issues other than this so far.

Before you allow them to flash anything research the n23 recall.

Mine is for the wire harness in the steering .

002.JPG

003.JPG

Well dont rush , just like all the sites I have read north and south of the boarder, there is no stock. 2-3 weeks before they get them.

I was also surprised when I was told I would have to pay for a bumper to bumper warranty look over. I wasnt impressed. But I guess spending the 50 bucks could save some time down the road.

My 2012 will have to go in. I was having trouble with the radio too, mostly not turning on at all. But it has been working well for the last month or so. An internet search shows the radio to be a common problem.

Care to share where you seen that Andy? I told them about this as well. All I got was would you like to make an appointment for that? I said no, they can check it out when I come in for the recall.

Care to share where you seen that Andy? I told them about this as well. All I got was would you like to make an appointment for that? I said no, they can check it out when I come in for the recall.

Radioa are a issue usually the 8.4 inch screen locks up. There is updates that usually fix it if not a new radio is put in

It was a while ago that I read about it, when it first started doing it. It was on some of the Ram forums out of the US of A. Every now and then my cruise control won't turn on either. Weird little stuff like that. This is a typical link on a Google search. Kinda worrisome. Just Google "2013 Ram radio problems". Lots of concerning material.

My co-worker has a 2012 ram 1500 and his has been in 3 times for wiring harness failure it keeps burning out one of his heaflights and just a few weeks ago the dealer replaced I believe the whole harness as well as his power seat module and a few other things too !!! And they made him pay over $50 to cover something and he was quite mad as it's been an ongoing problem with the wiring harnessss something about a clip not joining correctly and corrosion getting in is what they told him and that's at a dealer in Lindsay