4 mile lake

GBW

Hey all.

I fish this lake every other weekend in the summer with my kids and I've been fishing it for close to 12 years now. I have never seen a crappie in this lake. The lake has recently had netting done again from Fleming College in partnership with the MNR. They did not report and crappie. However I was sent a PM the other day from someone who caught one the other day, 12" too. Has anyone else here ever caught one? Have pic's? I know the person who sent me the PM has a pic on his cell. If so, I'm a bit worried to how they got in the lake and what it's going to do to the walleye and bass in there now...

We used to fish Bass Lake (Orillia) fairly regularly years ago as a buddy rented on the lake for a couple years.Never saw a crappie,then about 10 yrs ago he catches two while fishing for bass.They are in the lake for sure now.I'll bet 4 mile is on its way in a couple years or so.

Kerry

4ML does have an underground river heading out the South end but I have no clue where it goes... The person who sent me the info and pic said they let the fish go so... I will be trying to target them starting on the 3rd for a few straight days.

Wrong time of year to hunt crappies there bud. Spring and fall to figure which part of the lake they're on. Walleye are always going to be in trouble if there's crappies and nothing can be done. Best of luck! Hope you have a water chart of the lake and it'll save you a ton of time.

The river/creek in question runs into Balsam, south of Coboconk. You drive over it on Hwy 35.

That's what I feared...

Wrong time of year to hunt crappies there bud. Spring and fall to figure which part of the lake they're on. Walleye are always going to be in trouble if there's crappies and nothing can be done. Best of luck! Hope you have a water chart of the lake and it'll save you a ton of time.

I know the depth's very well and plan on trying at dusk where the other person caught the one. And if my old FishTV unit works it will be coming along for the time out on the lake.

I catch crappies pretty regular between 4-7PM on Pidgeon all summer long and a buddy who fishes Stony does the same there. They have summer patterns and areas...you just have to figure it out.

Good luck GBW at finding them on 4Mile.

Edited by crappieperchhunter