Got a strange call on Friday

Big Cliff

Automated caller wanted to know if my boat was still for sale and if so press 1 which I did. Then a live person came on the line told me my price was too low and for $299.00 they would sell it for me and arange the financing for the buyer if necessary.

Now thre only two places I have advertised it were on Kijiji and on here in the classifieds but I had already cancelled the ad on Kijiji because I didn't have pictures to post or anything and I'm not in a panic to sell it. I an just wondering if any of you have received these calls and where are they getting the leads from?

Also, I didn't think my asking price was too low, I felt it was a fair price for the package, am I selling myself short?

Cliff, Cliff, Cliff. They want your money. These people come up with ways everyday to relieve you of your hard earned cash. Never push 1, hang up. Once you push 1 they know they have you on the hook and won't leave you alone. If I ever get an automated call I hang up, I'm not important enough to have a human being call me personally? If I answer the phone and have to say Hello twice, I habg up, you should too but I know you wouldn't even want to be rude to a computer.

I once won a trip to Florida that I never entered and made the mistake of pushing 1. They harassed and threatened me for weeks. I had to call the police before it finally stopped. I entered a contest for a free draw at the Simcoe fair for a car. Never again, it was a scam.

Cliff, my good friend, its amazing what people can do to manipulate computers, at the end of the day tell them to visit me and I will shake woops sorry crush their hand, they wont be able to contact u again, not talking tough just talking true :ninja:

SLATER MY FRIEND, oh ha baby Sunday smoked some more bacon, thx to u, still challenging but nice to be back, many kind words