Balsam Lake

joeybacala

HI everyone. Couple of days ago asked for any tips for Cameron Lake. No bites ( no pun intended ) on the topic. Well my interest has shifted to Balsam Lake. Anyone fish there and any tips for this lake for this time of year. Also does anyone know where there is a boat launch on the south end of the lake? Thanks everyone, look forward to your help.

Balsam Lake Park nice launch. And just pass Shallow Mar is a gravel rd to right that goes to canal. Gravel not bad for 2 people launch and the mosquitos are the size of small black birds. The best all around launch would be Rosedale on 35.

Google earth should help you find the gravel launch.

Launched at Rosedale before its a good launch with easy parking. Watch out as there are some sunken rocks that are hard to see...I smacked something there last year and did a bit of damage in the passage on the way to Coboconk near the north end of the big island.

Off from # 48 just past Kirkfield... Balsam lake Drive ... down about 2 kms is where the gravel launch is...can be REAL busy on weekends

many fish just out front of where the Trent Canal comes into the lake there .... South Bay always seems to have boats in it as well as all around Grand Island

Rook

Off from # 48 just past Kirkfield... Balsam lake Drive ... down about 2 kms is where the gravel launch is...can be REAL busy on weekends

many fish just out front of where the Trent Canal comes into the lake there .... South Bay always seems to have boats in it as well as all around Grand Island

Rook

Shhh! It's busy enough there as it is!

2nd for the Provincial Park launch. Will be there on Monday - hope to have good time on the water. Not sure when you are going, but hope to have a good report next week. Will see though, as I have been pretty much skunked there the last couple of years.

We launch at Rosedale but get there early on a weekend this time of year it fills up quick . I have several friends who have been on Balsam the last couple of weekends who have caught some Muskies , Pike and a few Bass but they have had to work for them .I sent you a PM.

Just spend a week on Balsam, north end of the lake. Caught several worth mentioning pike on spinner baits and many LM bass on senko's. Also most action was between 6:30-9pm.

Good Luck.

My 7 year son caught his PB Bass at 4.2lbs on his ultra light shimano rod and 4lb test line....was awesome to watch him fight this guy back to the boat :)

H PB.jpg