Lake O Salmon Fishing Advice

FloatnFly

Uh, yup. 2 years in a row now. Would be nice to see a couple weeks of consistent gentle west winds and a stable air mass - give the lake a chance to set up. And SP sure ain't what it used to be as a source for info.

Cover the water vertically and horizontally. I target 40 - 90 down on the riggers, and use planers with leadcores for stealth, and always at least one wire-dispey-flasfher-fly combo out between 150 and 225. Keep changing up the presentation (big, small, colours, speed, spoons, meat, lymans, bodybaits, fly, direction) till you find a strike.

And get out and set up before the sun rises.

my minimal experience on lake O showed me that fishing before Sun up was about 10x more productive than fishing once the sun had risen.

We came out of Bronte last year, and caught 8 shakers plus a rainbow and a 15 lb chinook in the first half an hour on the water...after the sun had risen we caught 2 more fish for the next 6 hours.

It really depends.. I had probably the best day out on Lake O a few years ago with my buddy Justin. Blue bird skies out of PC, double, triple headers all day. I had a 25lb'r pull the line out of my hand as I went to set it in the release :) :) Just insanity, I'll never forget that day.

Ive fished the morning bite a few times and it can be good but the magic hour before sunset is the best in my opinion for tricking monsters into the boat. That and the early afternoon bite during a full moon is pretty stellar as well.

I caught a couple of Chinook out there this morning. Both of my fish were on a blue and pink spoon off of the rigger. First was down 60'; for the second the rigger was down 90' in 200' of water. These were caught straight out from Frenchmans Bay.

It has been a tough year; hopefully things will pick up. The wind forcast for the next while is out of the west; that may help.

I caught a couple of Chinook out there this morning. Both of my fish were on a blue and pink spoon off of the rigger. First was down 60'; for the second the rigger was down 90' in 200' of water. These were caught straight out from Frenchmans Bay.

It has been a tough year; hopefully things will pick up. The wind forcast for the next while is out of the west; that may help.

Thanks for the report, a week to go Blue and chrome cleos have been my go to when casting off the pier

Thanks for all the advice all. Went out yesterday and landed a lot of really small stuff, nothing big. Got a 12" Atlantic out there. Most excitement came when the rigger popped, big bend in the rod, get the fish to boat, and there's 2 fish on the end of the line, one on the slider spoon, and another on the main spoon.

The weather chased us off the lake by 230-3pm. Today looks like a write off.

On a side not, got my daughter out for first boat ride, and she loved every minute of it.