Darwin Award winner, man dead after lighting fireworks on his head.

Aw heck I can't paste the link. A 22 year old Calais Maine man died while celebrating 4th of July in this Maine New Brunswick border town when he attempted to launch a rocket from the top of his head. Stupid but it's still sad to hear a kid has his life cut short.

Thinking about it I must have been in the running for the Darwin Award many times in my youth. Like spewing lighter fluid from our mouths during school assemblies. Skiing down the Hamilton escarpment on un groomed snow that had vines growing below. Roman candle battles, indoors. Yea we all probably could have been nominated once or twice.

I remember back in the 1970s Frank Soda used to launch pyrotechnics off his head while playing live shows in bars.

In one infamous incident he almost burned down the Gasworks this way ... the bar survived, but he incinerated most of his hair, which led to the rest of the band shaving their heads for a few weeks to make him feel less conspicuous.

True story.

I know what you mean. I used to be young and stupid, but now I'm old!! :(

Pretty sad way to go!

Oh come on, just old ? Im old, and still do stupid stuff. We live to live. Well, sooner live then be stupid, but hell, what the hell, lets try it. LOL

Sad ending for sure OI

Edited by Brian B