the golf course is open?NF

manitoubass2

I also play most rounds on a cheap course near home, 18 a cart 4 canadian for about 50 bucks ?

To give you an idea of the type of course i shot a 1 over 72 there last year... It also has some short 220 yard par 4s soooo lol

Edited by Gallie

driving distance is a lot like sizing caught fish.

I know one guy that can drive the ball 300 and hes got a card.

I think your concerns about hitting 250 are because you are the only one being honest. The longest par 5's are only 550 yards, if you hit 250 on your drive and then 2 shots at 150 you are GIR

even on a really long par 4 at most you will be 180 out.

the best golfers i know all <10 handicap 2 putt or less every hole and dont miss from short. Scoring is done from <50 yards.

Edited by AKRISONER

Im actually really good on par 5's generally. After my second shot Im usually set up for a short wedge and thats my best club.

One guy I play with easily averages 310 off the tee. Ive seen him bomb some 340-350 range too and its pretty cool too see. Thats along way! Hes a 7 handicap though and has some tourny wins under his belt.

All his clubs are long though. He hits a 56 130 yards lol. Thats just insane.

I hit mine 90 on average

Tomorrow should be a blast but interesting as well. Ive had tennis elbow for the last month so my range of motion is off. Ive had to really open up on the turn with the driver and woods. Irons im just playing a 3/4 swing or it just kills my elbow

Both my son & brother were excellent golfers and consistently shot in the low 80's, but me on the other hand, I was the worlds worst golfer and only broke 100 once in my life but I had a blast playing and that's all I cared about.

I knew a guy years ago who was a member of a course out in Pickering and was always bragging about what an excellent golfer he was. He invited me to join him one day and after a couple holes I realized this doofus was as bad at me, but even worse he was a cheat. Most shots he'd end up in the woods and I'd hear him thrashing away at the ball, then when he finally get on the green it was another 3 or 4 shots to get in the hole. Trouble was though when he marked the score card he gave himself either a birdie or par on every hole

Didn't bother me though as I was having a fun day and didn't care about my score or his.

Problem was, after the game we went into the club house for a beer & samich and he started bragging to all his buds about what a great game he had and how he'd beaten the daylights out of me and what a lousy player I was.

He didn't like it though when I explained to his buds that he was worse than me and cheated on every single hole. It was hilarious watching him try to squirm out of that one.

He never invited me out again :lol:

Edited by lew

What a tough opener. 45km winds and all.

What a blast though?

I shot 85 and my boy shot 101. We made tons of good shots and had some unlucky breaks, such is golf.

Overall I think that my best opening round ever, and in harsh conditions

What a day. Great times?

Thanks guys! It was a blast!

I even had a wicked bogey thrown in their hahaha. On a long par 3 I drove right edge of the bush. Playable but hardly any backswing and a chunk off log like 8" in front of my ball. I had no choice but to punch out over the green.

Left it on the left edge of the bush and caught a nice bit of dead grass. Chipped up too three feet for a nice tap in bogey

Frig in those lies i coulda shot a 10 lol.

The wind was horrible. Some holes you hit and you could just watch your ball stop mid air. One hole I only drive it about 210 yards, then baaaam, just dead. No roll, deadly crosswinds etc.

Anyhow, it was a great day and man did my son hit some great shots! He coulda easily shaved 5-6 strokes with better putting today but oh well. Im not kidding 101 was a great score for a kid today. He played that low fade and outdrove alot of adults today for sure?

20150418_143731_zpswd61md1l.jpg

20150418_131953_zpsqnzpkhgl.jpg

20150418_125140_zps5szpgelc.jpg

20150418_132046_zpstz7hpb8y.jpg

Last two are just practise swings. And the course was much nicer then the 9th hole looked. I was pretty shocked how good the course was this time of year

?

Edited by manitoubass2

85 is beauty! Par 72?

45 k wind is nice when it's at your back and you crush a 5 wood off the tee

Yep Chris par 72.

The wind never seemed at our back lol. Maybe on two or three holes and one was a par 3.

It was a great day for course management. Lots of strategy into the first round.

Oh and Bray hit a 235 yard drive? thats boss at 12 years old. His driver has improved alot! He probably averaged about 190 for the day.

Last year he sucked on the driver? seems to have figured it out now?

Edited by manitoubass2