Niagara early season launch and fishing

Old Ironmaker

We were talking today while working on one of the boats. She is ready to be put in for a water road test. Might as well drag a line behind it while she's in the water. We were talking Grimsby, Jordan or Port Dalhousie launch. We really don't want to make the tow and find 4 feet of snow on the ramp. This is a great time to find fish shallow and a simple long line troll may do it.

Has anyone been out yet? Any launch recommendations? Any general fishing recommendations? I will call around i.e. Forans and 50 point, but at this time of the year I expect a voice greeting at the Marinas if there is even a phone number to call.

We will be taking a second boat in case of the worse case scenario. Might as well wet some lines.

Thanks all, PM me if you wish.

Johnny D

Queenston. To keep it simple, drift with a 1 oz jig and 4" white twister tail near bottom, follow the other boats, if you're on the US side, a US licence is needed, check the sat images to make sure the water isn't chocolate milk before you go

Hey Chris, my wife grew up in Queenston, a few hundred meters down the road from the monument. She made me promise never to go out on that river. I guess she lost a few friends to that river growing up. I will not fish that river and I know I'm missing some great fishing, but my promise is my word. 2 things you don't break for anyone, your Balls and your word.