Jerry cans (gas cans)

northernpike56

Do you know where I could buy one of them?

I tried taking the one I bought back, but of course they wouldn't take it because it's been filled with.... GASOLINE

lol.

Thats Bull,

How would you know it leaks unless you fill it with gasoline ?

Where did you buy it from ? I would see the store manager and tell him it is illegal to sell a leaking gasoline container because that voids the CSA standards for such container. A big fire hazard.

Should always be kept upright BUT

Like mentioned above, you only fill it to 90% and it should not leak even when turned up side down

That vent is there to open when pouring, NOT to leave it open during storage or transportation.

Regardless of the can's orientation, it should not leak. If liquid gas can leak from it, then fuel vapours also can. Gasoline vapour is much more volatile than when it's in liquid form.

Take the can back and exchange it for one that does not leak; even if it's sitting on its head.

Dan.

Thank you Sir !!

Edited by Whitespinnerbait

I don't want to highjack this thread but I think my question is related. What is the largest portable gas container I can buy? I have what I think is 20 LT/ 5 gallons. As I will be transporting gas to the slip where I am going to have my boat I would like a few of the largest tanks I can get. I will use a dolly to get them from the truck to the boat. Also I scored a removable hose and nozzle so no one is lifting a hundred pounds or so of fuel up onto the gunnel and then spill it all over trying to fill the boat.

Canadian Tire used to sell 55LT containers. It comes complete with wheels for moving it around. I am not sure if they are still available

Yep, they are 53L.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/flo-n-39-go-153-duramax-0283010p.html#.VRtCR_nF8iY

They also sell a 25L gas can. I have a bunch of them.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/25l-gas-can-0283053p.html#.VRtC2PnF8iY

I don't want to highjack this thread but I think my question is related. What is the largest portable gas container I can buy? I have what I think is 20 LT/ 5 gallons. As I will be transporting gas to the slip where I am going to have my boat I would like a few of the largest tanks I can get. I will use a dolly to get them from the truck to the boat. Also I scored a removable hose and nozzle so no one is lifting a hundred pounds or so of fuel up onto the gunnel and then spill it all over trying to fill the boat.

Have you considered going this route........makes sense if you do this often enough.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Boating/Boating-Outboards-Accessories/Fuel-Tanks-Outboard-Motor-Accessories%7C/pc/104794380/c/104752980/sc/104347980/Moellerreg-DuraMAX-Portable-Fuel-Tank/700804.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ffuel-tanks-outboard-motor-accessories%2F_%2FN-1100541%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104347980%3FWTz_l%3Dundefined%253Bcat104794380%253Bcat104752980&WTz_l=undefined%3Bcat104794380%3Bcat104752980%3Bcat104347980