Streaming Movies

gaspumper

we use a WDTV Live on one TV (Local Content, Netflix, Youtube etc) and a PS3 (Local Content, Netflix, NHL Gamecenter) + XBMC box (there are many) on the other.

Edited by Raf

if you have a laptop with HDMI output just download (free)XBMC or Kodi as it is now called and you can pretty much watch any movie ever made good and bad for free!!!

If you stream xbmc it's best to get something that blocks your IP address with the change in legislation.

I agree with walleye....... And thank you for the heads up autographs!!!

If you stream xbmc it's best to get something that blocks your IP address with the change in legislation.

not necessary if your streaming, your IP address is not visible only the streaming site knows your IP and the streaming site does not legally have to release this info...this has already been tested in court.

The main reason I opted for one of theses boxes and or software was to watch hockey after Rogers screwed millions of hockey fans...I had no desire to give these pricks any more of my money!

I use various add-ons the ones I like the best are as follows; Ice films for movies, AAA streams, sports devil, and Phoenix has been doing some cool updates recently great for hockey feeds in HD...

ahh perfect i needed another sports site or 2, myp2p isn't the greatest quality

Nbc live sports, mk sports.

How do you get sports devil to work, everything says no stream availabks

I always had the same issue with sportsdevil until I unloaded it and reloaded the latest add on...for hockey Phoenix is the way to go HD streams, I find Sports devil video quality poor.

I use various add-ons the ones I like the best are as follows; Ice films for movies, AAA streams, sports devil, and Phoenix has been doing some cool updates recently great for hockey feeds in HD...

Tried using "NHL" within the Phoenix addon to watch the game last night. Wouldn't work. Any luck? Or ideas why it wouldn't?

Are you using windows or android...I find that Phoenix NHL works very well with a windows laptop for that matter everything works better from the laptop!

my android box has a mind of it's own sometime everthing is aces other times it is a exercise in frustration

Tonight it worked fine I was able to get a AMC stream and watch it at the scheduled time, this was thru the AAA add on.

I am running the latest version of Kodi on my laptop and also running the same on my Samsung tablet and I can stream movies, TV and sports in HD without issues.

Running current version of Kodi..... I believe 14.2 Helix and running this on my laptop. Are there any settings you need to adjust prior to getting the stream to work thru Phoenix? I recall seeing a notice of that sort, when "clicking" on the "live tv streams" section, but never really messed with anything.

Kickass Torrents

Yes and other torrent sites , my wife downloads all the shows we watch , we are retired and that's quite a few, rather than stream we use a Western Digital WD TV box, it's actually a wireless media player hooked up to a HDMI imput on the TV, with the ability to wirelessly browse any shared file, audio or video on our network, his and hers desktops and his and hers laptops including external hard drives. She can watch all her shows and I can play any of my music files, it even plays all my lossless .flac files which is a bonus. It does not do Netflix but that is not how we operate.

Yes and other torrent sites , my wife downloads all the shows we watch , we are retired and that's quite a few, rather than stream we use a Western Digital WD TV box, it's actually a wireless media player hooked up to a HDMI imput on the TV, with the ability to wirelessly browse any shared file, audio or video on our network, his and hers desktops and his and hers laptops including external hard drives. She can watch all her shows and I can play any of my music files, it even plays all my lossless .flac files which is a bonus. It does not do Netflix but that is not how we operate.

Dave, the WDTV does do netflix if, one day, you decided to operate that way. We use ours for all the above plus netflix/youtube.

I also torrent with internet speeds these days a 2hr movie takes 15 minutes to DL. Usually better quality than what you'll find on the XBMC sites.