Junior Rangers? (nf)

Motorhead

I saw mention on another post about Junior Rangers and thought I`d ask if anyone on here was one ???

I was at RoughRock junior ranger camp about an hour north of Kenora in 1986.. The fishing was AWESOME... A week long 150km canoe trip through Lake of the Woods. Visiting the girls camp for the weekend in Sioux Lookout .... I posted this on the old old OFC board and if I remember right there was a few people that went??? There also used to be a message board for Junior Rangers on the MNR site but I can`t for the life of me find it anymore???

Doug

Killbear provincial park for me, summer of '76.

Actually, that is when I caught my first ever smallmouth,didn't fish for them up here when I was a teenager.

Also caught my one and only sunfish, and my first ever WGSF. They were indeed tasty.

Same as you Hearing Fish. Kiosk...but in 1979. Did you still have the Rec Hall when you where there...cause we finished building it the summer I was there.

Also my Daughter was a Ranger in 94 and my son this past summer.

Best summer of my life and an experience I'm glad my kids had as well.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

I am pretty sure it was the third year we were up there, I'd say '85. We went up there to see a buddy who was working there, ended up meeting some girls from Sudbury and then returned 3 more years in a row to party with them... GT, good times.

It's too bad that tornado went through it, it sure got rid of most of the mature trees.

Moosonee 1987. One canoe trip. My first helecopter ride, and my first plane ride. Lit lots of controlled burn fires, huge ones(not personally)! Saw beluga whales in the river, caught my only sturgeon, first walleye and second largest pike (48"). We were the first year to have our camp on the mainland and it was about a mile to town. A few of us snuck into town several times to meet up with the local girls.... sorry family board, my bad! Had a great summer. Everyone had a nickname or two I was JJ or sometimes fishman. anyone else have a jr nickname?

jjcanoe

Same as you Hearing Fish. Kiosk...but in 1979. Did you still have the Rec Hall when you where there...cause we finished building it the summer I was there.

Also my Daughter was a Ranger in 94 and my son this past summer.

Best summer of my life and an experience I'm glad my kids had as well.

Crappieperchhunter, yes, the rec hall was still there when i was there. if I remember corectly it was a rusty red coloured building opposite to the sleeping area.

I still remember the time when moose strolled right through the camp in broad daylight without any concerns about us being there. Also had a turtle lay a bunch of eggs under the staircase to the messhall.

Very cool that your kids have also gone!