Who remembers these?

kickingfrog

Bee Hive corn syrup promo hockey pictures:

IMAG1851_zpsh18i3nav.jpg

I've got a bunch that my mom collected in the 60's and of course there is a bunch of interesting info on the net about history of the promo.

I'll post a few here as I go through them as well as some of the background if there is interest.

I figure I'll put them in some frames and hang them in the rec room.

Yep I do remember those pix! In the early 60s they also had the hockey players pix on the plastic "coins" in Sherriff pudding packages. Do you remember the full page photos of hockey players that came with the Saturday edition of the Toronto Star Weekly? I'm now dating myself!!

Beehive corn syrup on ice cream. DROOOOOOOOOOOOL. As wholesome as good old oatmeal with a dollop of butter and maple sugar (try finding that now).

YEs I remember the hockey pics, but I remember the Sherriff collector coins much better. There were the players, cars, and airplanes series from what I remember. We had loads of the coins. Gram used a lot of their pudding and pie fillings for her caterings.

Edited by bigugli

As a kid I thought that the Phil Esposito one was the most valuable because I had never seen/heard of him with #15.

Mr. Hockey

IMAG1849_zpsniev3xzv.jpg

According to the web site this promo ran from 1934 to 1967. The ones my mom collected are from '64-'67 based on the wood panel boarder.

http://www.beehivehockey.com/index.htm